Thank You Egosoft (7.0 Beta)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

capitalduty

Thank You Egosoft (7.0 Beta)

Post by capitalduty » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 17:12

I'm a long-time fan of the franchise, always wanting a no-nonsense approach to large ships battles using all the weapons at their disposal. Yesterday I ordered an Asgard to target 4 L destroyers within a 40 km radius... I didn't expect to see a wonderful display yet.

Target after target, Asgard aimed and tracked in a logical time frame each ship unleashing a white ray of glory... each target dies beautifully with all the fireworks included. I'm happy that Egosoft finally made it happen, capital ship battles will never be the same in a good way.

flywlyx
x4

Re: Thank You Egosoft (7.0 Beta)

Post by flywlyx » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 21:07

They finally eliminated the minimum firing limit, which is great news. This change will improve the effectiveness of destroyers and battleships in combat against each other.

However, Xenon K/I could still pose a problem if they directly travel to the top/bottom of destroyers/battleships using travel drive, as the pitch angle limit remains in place.

It is still there.
Last edited by flywlyx on Mon, 29. Apr 24, 16:13, edited 3 times in total.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 13:27

My favourite change not mentioned anywhere as far as I can see is that they restored the map icons for player ships when zoomed out (in the centre of the screen, anyway). :)

x4

Post by 13913408324 » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 01:53

A capital ship cannot easily kill a fighter jet, they say it's for balance
An asgard eliminate 4 L destroyers without any damage,they say nothing......

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 19:35

This is what I'm most excited for. Cap ship combat right now is... horrific. Game-quittingly bad.
Maybe I should just play the beta, rather than wait for full release. Better to have a bugged but good AI than a clean and awful one.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Tue, 7. May 24, 17:26

flywlyx wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 24, 21:07
They finally eliminated the minimum firing limit, which is great news. This change will improve the effectiveness of destroyers and battleships in combat against each other.

However, Xenon K/I could still pose a problem if they directly travel to the top/bottom of destroyers/battleships using travel drive, as the pitch angle limit remains in place.

It is still there.
They kinda fixed it 7.0 beta 3 but in 4 it was reverted back....it's a little bit unreliable, maybe you could add some feedback in the beta forum.

I think right now L and XL ships prioritizes longest range turret coverage to be the maximum combat position to fire not accounting for overall firepower of turrets installed. Kind of suboptimal but it's more defense focus IMO.

Return to “X4: Foundations”