[Feature Request] Add a way to display the resource cost of a specific ship design

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FatalKeks
x4

[Feature Request] Add a way to display the resource cost of a specific ship design

Post by FatalKeks » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 06:58

When building ships it's somewhat hard to estimate, which resources they require (and therefore the cost of the ship). I would love to see a way to display the required ressources for a specific ship design.

Or is this already possible somehow?

Rastuasi
x4

Re: [Feature Request] Add a way to display the resource cost of a specific ship design

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 20:01

I believe you may have mistakenly posted in the wrong forum section. Please read the rules, feature requests go to General Discussion, not Beta section.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Feature Request] Add a way to display the resource cost of a specific ship design

Post by CBJ » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 20:29

Indeed. Moved over to the main forum. :)

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 22:46

I thought this already was in place - top right you see the components, along with a total for the bits needed. You may need to open the drop-down menu to see them.

TroubledRabbit

Post by TroubledRabbit » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 23:13

yep it is in the game.

Maybe it should be more visible?
Even Lower Spec (occasional) Gamer

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, kernel line: 5.15, X11
T14 AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650U/Renoir, 32GB

FatalKeks
x4

Post by FatalKeks » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 00:53

Oh wow thanks! :) Now I'm wondering how I never noticed....

Nevertheless right now it is visible per component type, a nice QoL feature would be to see the sum of all components needed for a single ship design.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 05:37

You can see the breakdown in resource cost for different parts of the ship (chassis, engines, weapons, turrets, etc), but not a combined total resource cost for the entire ship. What I would like is in the ship comparison tool, if there was listed the total cost in wares for the ship, or at least the estimated cost of the ship based on the average price of each ware.

Return to “X4: Foundations”