Fly and Don't Wait

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Fly and Don't Wait

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 19:33

I would like it if we had a "Fly to" command which when they reach the destination, instead of waiting uselessly in space, they go on to their default behavior.

Zloth2
x4

Re: Fly and Don't Wait

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 18:29

If I ever make a mod for X4, I think it would be to split the 'fly to' and 'dock at' commands to distinguish between whether or not to switch back to default behavior or not.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

H34Dru5H
x4

Post by H34Dru5H » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 15:59

Why would you want to send a ship to 'fly and wait' at a destination only to automatically fly straight back to where it came from and resume it's duties? Whatever they may be. And if there isn't a default behavior set for that particular ship, it would default to 'waiting uselessly in space' anyway.

Perhaps what you are after is maybe a 'global orders' option for ships without a set 'default behavior' to either 'stop and wait', 'defend position', 'explore', or whatever.
B450 Tomahawk Max II, Ryzen 5600X, MSI RTX2070S, 16GB @ 3200, Sumsung EVO SSD.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 16:44

H34Dru5H wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 24, 15:59
Why would you want to send a ship to 'fly and wait' at a destination only to automatically fly straight back to where it came from and resume it's duties? Whatever they may be. And if there isn't a default behavior set for that particular ship, it would default to 'waiting uselessly in space' anyway.

Perhaps what you are after is maybe a 'global orders' option for ships without a set 'default behavior' to either 'stop and wait', 'defend position', 'explore', or whatever.
There are times I want a ship to fly to a particular location and not wait afterwards. Mostly it is when I want to uncover a particular location for example, and then have it immediately resume its previous default behavior.

H34Dru5H
x4

Post by H34Dru5H » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 16:54

You could give the ship an explore sector or explore gate command. Or maybe just drop a satelite whereby the ship will fly there, drop a sat and then return to it's original default behavior. I don't think you can command a ship to fly to a position and expect it to do something other than wait unless you tell it to do something when it gets there.
B450 Tomahawk Max II, Ryzen 5600X, MSI RTX2070S, 16GB @ 3200, Sumsung EVO SSD.

Sp0ngeB0b
x4

Post by Sp0ngeB0b » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 17:47

I have sometimes also wanted a 'fly and not wait' type command before. Probably the best work around currently available is to issue a 'collect drops' command and hope there are no drops around. Very much what H34Dru5H is suggesting but you're likely not wanting to explore an entire section or use a satellite.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 19:56

Comparatively, I tend to use Attack area to:
1. clear off the wait commands
2. clear off infinite wait commands of auxiliary on bugged capital ship not undocking with after replenish
3. clear off infinite wait commands of auxiliary on bugged capital ship not docking with auxiliary(bugged ship has no orders visible! It's a lottery to try them all out)
If only the Auxiliary has wait for signal:ABC-123 instead of 1 hour critical wait.

Return to “X4: Foundations”