[Feedback] Problem with docked Wings not remaining docked

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Iadel
x4

[Feedback] Problem with docked Wings not remaining docked

Post by Iadel » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 22:29

I come to you with great frustation in my heart.
I'm experimenting with a more carrier-focused gameplay, and while organizing and ordering wings of fighters to melt everything around you is a lot of fun, I'm having lots and lots of problems with something that should be incredibly simple, yet it isn't.
Basically, even if I select the option "docked" instead of "launched" in the menu, sometimes wings will just launch themselves.
This seems to happen in particular when I order something at the wing level: sometimes, it's useful to have only some fighters launched, but those that are order to remain grounded evidently can't handle to see their mates having fun and want to join in (and, despite the fact that they are launched, their wing remain tagged as "docked" in the menu).
If this is intended behaviour (that is, order marked as "Wing: do this" are meant to be across ALL Wings, and not just the Wing the ship belongs to) then please change it: if I order a group of fighters armed with gatlings to destroy another fighter, I probably don't want to also send those outfitted with anti-capital weapons.
Also, while I'm at it, could you please add more orders for your wings? Right now there are very few orders that one can give at Wing level, not to mention I can only send wing-wide orders if I select the ship itself, which severly limit the kind of orders one can give (like, even a simple "move here" or "attack all targets in this area" is impossible, and one must resort to "attack my selected target", which is just clunky and unintuitive). After all, if I bothered to make the ship part of a (combat) Wing, I probably want to make it act in concert with its wingmates.

Return to “X4: Foundations”