Ship not sorted alphanumeric in Property tab

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cpt._Seb

Ship not sorted alphanumeric in Property tab

Post by Cpt._Seb » Fri, 9. Dec 22, 20:16

After piloting around my Asgard to clean up and claim a sector in Tharkas Cascade I've run into a weird bug that I can't figure out for the live of me.

Usually everything in the property list is sorted in an alphanumeric way but for some reason the Asgard I piloted has been fixed at the top spot of the list,
completely ignoring the usual rules for sorting ever since I left it. No amount of fiddling around with the names has fixed this issue, the affected ship does always
remain on the top spot of the list, which is really triggering my OCD.

Anybody got an idea what the cause for this might be and how to fix it?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Ship not sorted alphanumeric in Property tab

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Dec 22, 20:50

Check that there isn't a space or spaces at the start of its name. I use that trick to put personal ships at the top of the list and to promote the listing of leaders in groups.

Next note that there are 3 'sort by' buttons at the top of the property list and if you have hit 'size' or 'hull' rather than 'name', then the Asgard may indeed be at the top.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cpt._Seb

Post by Cpt._Seb » Fri, 9. Dec 22, 21:07

Never knew about those sorting buttons, but I doubt they are the issue, I do have a second Asgard that is not at the top of the list despite having the same prefix in its name.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 10. Dec 22, 19:45

Is the first Asgard's hull damaged? If so then the hull sort could put it at the top. I actually really *do* think your issue is the sort buttons if not the leading space business (no pun intended - well not much anyway :D ), and it is really easy to check those in game.

The only other thing I can think of is that your Asgard is actually the flagship of a fleet with one or more subordinates. Fleets do list before ships.

GeluHUN
x4

Post by GeluHUN » Mon, 26. Dec 22, 15:58

I had this - a transporter suddenly was on the top of my list when sorted for name (size and hull sort was normal). It wasn't fixed until one of it's drone was able to dock back into the mothership! (It was attacked by a pirate, the drone flew to fight the pirate, then the transport got away and the drone chased it's mothership transporter through half the universerse until it was able to dock back to it.)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 27. Dec 22, 10:31

Interesting, so a deployed drone can be considered a mini-fleet subordinate for ship list sorting purposes. Thanks.

4x1
x4

Post by 4x1 » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 12:18

This one-ship and drone "fleet" happens to a lot of my L miners and even on some L transporters.
It's pretty annoying to have some ships move around the Unassigned Ships list without player control on it.
4><1

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 12:21

Please don't dig up an old threads like this. If you want to report a problem then start a new thread, describe the issue, and provide other the information requested in the very first thread at the top of the forum.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”