[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 05:33

Caldari Navy wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 18:00
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 01:46
I will be testing my newest project that I have worked on for the past 5 months.
Hmmm now im interested does it include some new stuff for asset folder ?? ( meaning ships ) for example
No. To be more in depth though: I have been working on a huge project so I didn't even think of trying to learn how to do S/M ships. I'm not a 3d modeler or coder at all so hopefully someone more talented than me decides to give the Eve ships the proper love they deserve.
Last edited by DeadAirRT on Tue, 9. Apr 24, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 05:35

For anyone still on 6.2 that would like to start a new game and help test:
https://github.com/DeadAirRT/deadair_scripts
https://github.com/DeadAirRT/deadair_eco

(Note: readme are already out of date :oops: )

Madwack
x4

Post by Madwack » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 11:43

I am playing as the Caldari and I cant for the life of me get the missiles to fire.

Help :)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 13:12

Madwack wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 24, 11:43
I am playing as the Caldari and I cant for the life of me get the missiles to fire.

Help :)
I always had best experience using attack all enemies setting on the turrets or attack my enemy. Missiles aren't the most reliable in x4 so I had to let caldari add railguns to quite a few slots as well

Madwack
x4

Post by Madwack » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 19:12

Thank You :)

That did the trick, changed them to attack all enemies and presto....I saw my first missile.

Kasrith
x4

Post by Kasrith » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 03:56

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 24, 05:35

Does the new "Gate" portion of this not remove the highway ring?
I started a new game with both of these installed and once I got in, all the individual mods (in DA Mod Menu) were defaulted to "disabled," and I still have a highway.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 15:11

Kasrith wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 24, 03:56
DeadAirRT wrote:

I started a new game with both of these installed and once I got in, all the individual mods (in DA Mod Menu) were defaulted to "disabled," and I still have a highway.
I don't remove the highway myself anymore. I set the default to disabled for majority of my features so the mod does almost nothing unless the player activates it. The ways of removing the highway that I know of are hard coded and thus cannot be optional.

Kasrith
x4

Post by Kasrith » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 16:08

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 24, 15:11
Kasrith wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 24, 03:56
DeadAirRT wrote:

I don't remove the highway myself anymore. I set the default to disabled for majority of my features so the mod does almost nothing unless the player activates it. The ways of removing the highway that I know of are hard coded and thus cannot be optional.
Ah ok! That makes sense. I was just worried maybe some things for a new game start may not have worked. But I enabled everything I wanted and it seems good. Thank you.

Kickbub
x4

Post by Kickbub » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 22:26

The God mod in deadair_eco tends to make factions create stations they never finish.

Also will there be an option in the future to enable Jobs for individual factions like God?

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Wed, 1. May 24, 12:18

I noticed none of the ships gihub pages exist for your eve factions.

Have you removed them all? Are you working on an update?
Can I get the factions with the new ships somehow?

Chronia
x4

Post by Chronia » Wed, 1. May 24, 21:14

Minor bug with the new Dynamic Universe - when fluff descriptions for reputation change reason is turned on, all descriptions are "null".

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. May 24, 03:58

ApoxNM wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 12:18
I noticed none of the ships gihub pages exist for your eve factions.

Have you removed them all? Are you working on an update?
Can I get the factions with the new ships somehow?
The ships are merged with the factions.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. May 24, 04:00

Chronia wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 21:14
Minor bug with the new Dynamic Universe - when fluff descriptions for reputation change reason is turned on, all descriptions are "null".
That is because I have not completed them yet so working as intended :D I will get to them eventually

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. May 24, 04:06

Kickbub wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 24, 22:26
The God mod in deadair_eco tends to make factions create stations they never finish.

Also will there be an option in the future to enable Jobs for individual factions like God?
I answered on the discord but I'll post here as well for others to see.

I am improving the factions to better handle and better prioritize getting stations built in a logical order, right now they tend to just deliver partial amounts of resources needed to many stations. I have already made quite a few improvements but no updates have been released since I'm not sure where my 6.2 improvements starts and the 7.0 changes begin.

With jobs, you can lower the quota to 0 for any particular job and it will disable that one. I'll look into improving the menu stuff in the future but it's a low priority for now.

and with that, a version of Tater is on my github for 7.0b3. It is under the code->download zip (not releases).

Chronia
x4

Post by Chronia » Fri, 3. May 24, 07:54

Little bit more feedback on the new deadair_eco now that I've had time to play with it for a few hours (long enough for supply / demand to stabilize out a bit). I'm using all modules activated with their default settings.

A few balance observations that I don't think are tied to my seed:

1. The primary global shortage is energy cells. None of the stations build solar panels (except dedicated solar power plants) and so there's constant need for it to be shipped everywhere.
2. After that, antimatter converters are the bottleneck I see everywhere, demand constantly rises.
3. Food and Medical supplies are (correctly) in much higher demand than vanilla but seem stable enough.

About the new efficiency boosting wares (Labor Union Contracts etc.) - they feel off. I like the idea of optional consumables that boost efficiency and tie into workforce, but their mechanics and fluff do not quite compute for me. With precisely one ware per production tier, each providing a significant boost: they don't feel optional. They feel like a new mandatory input that's been tacked on to all production (which in turn feels video-gamey). From a fluff standpoint, why do contracts or schematics have volume at all, much less the highest volume of any ware in the game? And what about them makes them consumable?

I'm trying to think of a good alternative fluff for them. Some physical product that is labor-intensive to produce, but also universally boosts productivity of manufacturing processes. General purpose labor robots? (but they're not hand-crafted). I don't know.

If the high level design goal of them was to increase usage of workforce, have you considered simply making normal production processes less efficient and increasing the impact of workforce on them? If you did that, you could then move the "ware that boosts productivity" to be something that boosts workforce growth, and that is much easier to come up with ideas for. Just make it a luxury product, or even better, the make the existing illegal wares boost workforce growth (so that players have a reason to smuggle them around beyond pure profit).

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 3. May 24, 14:53

Chronia wrote:
Fri, 3. May 24, 07:54
Little bit more feedback on the new deadair_eco now that I've had time to play with it for a few hours (long enough for supply / demand to stabilize out a bit). I'm using all modules activated with their default settings.

A few balance observations that I don't think are tied to my seed:

1. The primary global shortage is energy cells. None of the stations build solar panels (except dedicated solar power plants) and so there's constant need for it to be shipped everywhere.
2. After that, antimatter converters are the bottleneck I see everywhere, demand constantly rises.
3. Food and Medical supplies are (correctly) in much higher demand than vanilla but seem stable enough.

About the new efficiency boosting wares (Labor Union Contracts etc.) - they feel off. I like the idea of optional consumables that boost efficiency and tie into workforce, but their mechanics and fluff do not quite compute for me. With precisely one ware per production tier, each providing a significant boost: they don't feel optional. They feel like a new mandatory input that's been tacked on to all production (which in turn feels video-gamey). From a fluff standpoint, why do contracts or schematics have volume at all, much less the highest volume of any ware in the game? And what about them makes them consumable?

I'm trying to think of a good alternative fluff for them. Some physical product that is labor-intensive to produce, but also universally boosts productivity of manufacturing processes. General purpose labor robots? (but they're not hand-crafted). I don't know.

If the high level design goal of them was to increase usage of workforce, have you considered simply making normal production processes less efficient and increasing the impact of workforce on them? If you did that, you could then move the "ware that boosts productivity" to be something that boosts workforce growth, and that is much easier to come up with ideas for. Just make it a luxury product, or even better, the make the existing illegal wares boost workforce growth (so that players have a reason to smuggle them around beyond pure profit).
Thanks for the feedback. What other mods do you have as well? Trying to figure out if the observations might have been skewed since they are a bit different than my own.

Wares used by shipyards are extremely difficult to balance ideal production because there is no set calculation for usage. It's all based on observations of a script I've run for about 30 hours that monitors the shipyard and wharf usage.

There are limitations to the game engine itself and not a lot of ways to add secondary wares. The wares are required to have volume and need to be balanced to price/volume otherwise all traders that have it in their basket will ignore everything else (this is the problem with vanilla). The primary goal isn't necessarily to increase workforce usage (that is a secondary), it was to boost production for economy while not increasing station count above a certain threshold, while maintaining station calculator ratios for resource usage, and remain optional but worthwhile to invest in.

Chronia
x4

Post by Chronia » Sat, 4. May 24, 19:22

Sorry, thought I'd replied yesterday but apparently the internet ate the post!

I have two active mods that are likely impacting the economic layer:

1. Starbright has added solar power values to all systems (but then again so does the 7.0 beta update, which I'm not using). I don't know if the AI considers this value when deciding where to build stations, but I keep seeing really dumb stuff like TER setting up solar power plants in the Oort Cloud. Under the current system this is probably seed dependent, but it feels odd to me that the AI never builds solar panels on their non-powerplant stations.

2. X: Reemergence, which has removed the highway ring and shuffled some systems around, and reverts your change to remove the ARG and PAR colonies in Split space (but also makes them more directly accessible from the factions' core space) (I manually ported those changes to god.xml). Notable, the TEL/MIN systems are less centralized and it's likely that their Antimatter converter factories are simply too far away. I'm also NOT using your new gates, so ANT is suffering because they have to ship theirs across a Xenon infested Void (and PIO doesn't produce any of course).

The bit about wares limitations in the engine makes sense! I also want to say that my initial reaction to the new wares was positive - it was only once I realized that they felt mandatory (give the size of the boost) and the volumes didn't meet my fluff expectation that I soured on them a bit.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 4. May 24, 23:49

Chronia wrote:
Sat, 4. May 24, 19:22
Sorry, thought I'd replied yesterday but apparently the internet ate the post!

I have two active mods that are likely impacting the economic layer:

1. Starbright has added solar power values to all systems (but then again so does the 7.0 beta update, which I'm not using). I don't know if the AI considers this value when deciding where to build stations, but I keep seeing really dumb stuff like TER setting up solar power plants in the Oort Cloud. Under the current system this is probably seed dependent, but it feels odd to me that the AI never builds solar panels on their non-powerplant stations.

2. X: Reemergence, which has removed the highway ring and shuffled some systems around, and reverts your change to remove the ARG and PAR colonies in Split space (but also makes them more directly accessible from the factions' core space) (I manually ported those changes to god.xml). Notable, the TEL/MIN systems are less centralized and it's likely that their Antimatter converter factories are simply too far away. I'm also NOT using your new gates, so ANT is suffering because they have to ship theirs across a Xenon infested Void (and PIO doesn't produce any of course).

The bit about wares limitations in the engine makes sense! I also want to say that my initial reaction to the new wares was positive - it was only once I realized that they felt mandatory (give the size of the boost) and the volumes didn't meet my fluff expectation that I soured on them a bit.
The version up right now doesn't have custom logic for determining where it should place EC factories, so it's likely caused by the interaction of the two. I already implemented logic but it's not in a public version yet (since it's based on 7.0b). I do use a personal mod to double capacity of all ships which probably plays a part in the shipping bottleneck. I'll keep it in mind to make a note of it since I can't really balance default values for scenarios that I don't encounter. There are additional improvements to the custom quota trade ships added by my stuff for next version as well, since they will focus on intra-faction stuff (vanilla trade script isn't the best at handling a large amount of items in ware basket)

The logic behind the antimatter converter scenario seems logical and probable. With my mods moving away from xml diff focus, it would probably be best if the reemergence squad makes a few increases to god stuff to account for their map changes.

Peppi

Post by Peppi » Mon, 6. May 24, 00:14

So i am braindead when it comes to lingo dealing with mods lol, can i use the eve factions on 7.0 or are they not updated yet?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 6. May 24, 00:50

Peppi wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 00:14
So i am braindead when it comes to lingo dealing with mods lol, can i use the eve factions on 7.0 or are they not updated yet?
The only thing that is beta compatible from me, is tatertrader/deadtater mod on my github (not the release)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”