X4: Foundations - Public Beta 3 - Visual bug on Erlking.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

RomanKost
x4

X4: Foundations - Public Beta 3 - Visual bug on Erlking.

Post by RomanKost » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 16:35

I have constant smoke coming out of my Erlking despite the fact that it is fully repared and stayes in my safe sector, without any combat. I belive it's just a visual bug, but it's makes hard to see what's ahead from the pilot's seat because the smoke is right in front of your eyes.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(106.51 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
save_002.xml.gz
Current Beta test save
(46.61 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: Foundations - Public Beta 3 - Visual bug on Erlking.

Post by CBJ » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 16:37

This was an issue with 7.00 Beta 1 which has subsequently been fixed, but we've not yet added the code to clean up any ships that started smoking in Beta 1 and haven't yet stopped. Please confirm that the ship was damaged in Beta 1.

Mr.Killer
x4

Re: X4: Foundations - Public Beta 3 - Visual bug on Erlking.

Post by Mr.Killer » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 15:23

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 24, 16:37
This was an issue with 7.00 Beta 1 which has subsequently been fixed, but we've not yet added the code to clean up any ships that started smoking in Beta 1 and haven't yet stopped. Please confirm that the ship was damaged in Beta 1.
I can say for sure, the Odessey I claimed for my faction, got in a heavy fight, right in the first Beta, and it is 100% repaired after that and still smoking. (Looks like the smokeless ashtree from the movie Gremlins, :lol: )
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”