'Roguey's Bonus Mod v1.4' Out now!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 20:14

Puruco wrote:Hi Roguey: I read the readme in the version before 1.4 and I didn't see any specification to the changes of the weapons. Do you have one, if posible?
In v1.3 there was a great lot of changes to PPC's, Beams and flak cannons. You should see a section in the readme marked "Change list" on about page 3. I also posted the changes a page ago on this post, see here:
- viewtopic.php?p=1971118#1971118
Puruco wrote:Also you said that one ship per rank. So with about 10 to 15 ships I am Hero of the Federation?
Simply means now each rank you go up by (each race) you should 'unlock' another ship rather than hit one ranks then 3 or more ships become unlocked.

hope that helps
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 21:04

Roguey wrote:
Puruco wrote:Hi Roguey: I read the readme in the version before 1.4 and I didn't see any specification to the changes of the weapons. Do you have one, if posible?
In v1.3 there was a great lot of changes to PPC's, Beams and flak cannons. You should see a section in the readme marked "Change list" on about page 3. I also posted the changes a page ago on this post, see here:
- viewtopic.php?p=1971118#1971118
Puruco wrote:Also you said that one ship per rank. So with about 10 to 15 ships I am Hero of the Federation?
Simply means now each rank you go up by (each race) you should 'unlock' another ship rather than hit one ranks then 3 or more ships become unlocked.

hope that helps
Thanks Roguey...one last question: Does M1, M2 and Tl's can dock TS and Tp's?

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 00:04

Puruco wrote:Thanks Roguey...one last question: Does M1, M2 and Tl's can dock TS and Tp's?
No, im pretty sure that's hard coded into X3, if that can be changed ill would gladly change that. This is why I created the 'resource transporter' M3 ship, because of this problem.

Eilelwen
x3tc

Post by Eilelwen » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 05:26

well so far I have enjoyed your mod.

I have only one problem with it. it seems to break the ability to buy the Player Rapid Response system from Argon Equipment Docks.

Other then that I enjoy the ability to have clean sectors to use for building and more ships, always like more ships :).

actually NM it just changes the name and the amount you can buy.
"Gir Fetch me that pig!!"

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 11:34

Eilelwen wrote:I have only one problem with it. it seems to break the ability to buy the Player Rapid Response system from Argon Equipment Docks.
What is that - a mod or script? Not sure what you mean.

thanks

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 14:16

talk to the ddrs crew, they have manages to get ts and tp docking to work on larger ships, though its normally only 1 of them i think this also allowed m6 ships to dock too
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 15:00

bob hope wrote:talk to the ddrs crew, they have manages to get ts and tp docking to work on larger ships, though its normally only 1 of them i think this also allowed m6 ships to dock too
I'm rigth now playing with DDRS leveled and all big ships can dock ts, tp's. I don't know if you want that in your Mod but it can be done. In my case I loved that enhance.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 15:13

do they dock like m3's etc? or do you have to use a 'special' command to get them to dock>

- Roguey

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 15:55

Roguey wrote:do they dock like m3's etc? or do you have to use a 'special' command to get them to dock>

- Roguey
Yes, they dock like any other ship with the regular command, no need of special one. Also if your are interest of doing the docking to big ships there is a tutorial specificaly for that. I don't remember who do it but you can find it in the sticky. I try and ended reinstalling all the game :oops: , I'm not a programer sorry :D in your case have to be a walk in the park... :D

Eilelwen
x3tc

Post by Eilelwen » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 17:25

Player Response Fleets is a script by LV.
"Gir Fetch me that pig!!"

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 14:25

has anyone explored the new sectors yet?

Puruco
x3

Question???

Post by Puruco » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 21:33

Hi Roguey: I'm starting a new game with your mod, but I have some question: Which one is the M3 that I can use as a cargo ship insted of the TS?

How works the Hull Repair?

Thanks...

Roguey
x4

Re: Question???

Post by Roguey » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 23:23

Puruco wrote:Hi Roguey: I'm starting a new game with your mod, but I have some question: Which one is the M3 that I can use as a cargo ship insted of the TS?
hi, the "Resource Transporter Mk1" is the ship youre looking for. It should be sold by any argon shipyard.
Puruco wrote:How works the Hull Repair?
When one of your ships have hull damage and 100% shields, it will slowly repair the ship if there is a "Auto Hull Repair system" in the cargo bay. You can carry multi able units, however only 1 will work - this allow you to transport many of them.

I hope you enjoy the mod, any feedback is great :)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 00:22

Thanks Roguey, let you know how is going :)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 14:40

Hi Roguey: Last nigth I start a game with your mod. I played for 2 hours and so far everything is ok. In all my games I play with every script that I can get that make the game have more enemies. So this was no exception. I loved the increase of pirates, xenon and kaaks maybe I will increase a little more(for my taste) will see. I like the new (old) ships and I add some others fromm DDRS mod (about 6), sorry thats my favorite mod (miss the PHQ). I notice a couple of things for example: the PBE's are now for ships with XL cargo bay's. Sometime when the pirates start shooting their PPC's they blind me also did't notice any slow down from my pc. In Kindom end in the equipment dock their is a ware with no name no readtext just no name, the cost is 28 crs and the dock has a capacity for 10,000 maybe is one of the script that I install or the emp, mentioned just in case. Found the hull repair in not tested yet.

Sugestion:

A PBE version for for figthers.
A hullrepair version for small ships.

Also I use the Freith Transporter Upgrade from LV and don't appear in the game. Maybe is a conflict with your hullrepair?

Tonight I will play a little more and let you know.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 15:27

Hi Roguey : How I can increase the enemies in your mod?

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 16:53

Puruco wrote:Hi Roguey: Last nigth I start a game with your mod. I played for 2 hours and so far everything is ok. In all my games I play with every script that I can get that make the game have more enemies. So this was no exception. I loved the increase of pirates, xenon and kaaks maybe I will increase a little more(for my taste) will see. I like the new (old) ships and I add some others fromm DDRS mod (about 6), sorry thats my favorite mod (miss the PHQ). I notice a couple of things for example: the PBE's are now for ships with XL cargo bay's. Sometime when the pirates start shooting their PPC's they blind me also did't notice any slow down from my pc. In Kindom end in the equipment dock their is a ware with no name no readtext just no name, the cost is 28 crs and the dock has a capacity for 10,000 maybe is one of the script that I install or the emp, mentioned just in case. Found the hull repair in not tested yet.

Sugestion:

A PBE version for for figthers.
A hullrepair version for small ships.

Also I use the Freith Transporter Upgrade from LV and don't appear in the game. Maybe is a conflict with your hullrepair?

Tonight I will play a little more and let you know.
hi, The item for 28cr with a 'readtext' error must be something to do with another script conflicting with the mod.

As for the PBE's they are now the 'beam' weapons - that's why they have XL size. Putting a beam weapons on a fighter would be overpowered.

as for the enemies, I could increase it but is that what everyone wants?

im not sure what you mean about PPC's however...

many thanks

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 19:50

I found the readtext :oops: :oops: :oops: I didn,t install the emp mod :oops: .

Well I don't know about the others that's why I asking for doing myself. But if you want and want to do it post it for the ones that want to use it. :D Either way thanks.

What I mean with the ppc is when a two or more ships are shooting them the ligth blind me, maybe twick down a little the intensity of the ligth.

Yes I notice that the pbe's are very powerfull and tha'st why you put them only in heavy ships. But if possible can you make a version for figthers, off course no as powerfull as the ones that you made for big ships, enought for killing khaak scouts :twisted:

Updating: The texture of the Borons are wounderfull, the increase of enemy race make the game more active and I like the new ships.

Question: Only the Boron big ships have the new texture, why not all ships? Are you planing to expand the mod(more sector , more ships, ect...) ?

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 03:22

Roguey,

Any chance there's a "quick and dirty" cheat sheet to move a ship from X2 to X3?

P_J_M
x3

Post by P_J_M » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 00:48

Hi Roguey.

Installed your mod, and tried my old game and a new one.
Both mostly work fine.

I scripted in one of every ship, and found a few problems.

Buzzard One, and Osprey One, are called 'One' not 'MK1'

Bayamon, Buzzard one, Fire-Nova MK1, and X-trader had no cockpit canopy.

Bitchin Betty is cut short when entering a sector. "Entering SecAkeela's Beacon"

Isn't the Osprey One under-shielded, slow and massive shields is the Teladi way.

The Dragon MK1 could do with having that extra front gun on the stub, would look much better.

PPC, good.

PBE, totally nerfed. I don't think this change was necessary, or to be honest good.
The PBE was the best gun for capping, now it's not compatable with the fighters I have it installed on, and not really necessary on capital ships.

Textures look good. MK1 ships great, new sectors always a bonus.

If your gonna expand this mod, I would like to see the PBE back to normal, and a few more MK1's
Would love to see the Persius Proto from XT.

Mostly great mod, keep up the good work.
Dual 3GHz Xeon (Nocana 800FSB).
Asus NCCH-DL MoBo.
2 GB Geil Ultra PC3200 Dual Channel Ram.
Asus GeForce 6800GT 256MB.
Creative Audigy 2.
Maxtor 300 GB SATA HDD X 2
Akasa Eclipse-62.
Lots of Blue Neon.
Saitek X52.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”