[Script] Product Finder 1.5 Major Update 02.02.2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

freewing
x3

Post by freewing » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 14:44

WOW! ...yes, maybe this is the solution: I'm trying suddenly!
IT has the same prefix of the telephones: 39 !!

THX very much!!
:P
Free Wing @ http://www.aecaosta.it
Vola soltanto chi osa farlo... - Luis Sepulveda

Tritous
x3tc

wow

Post by Tritous » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 15:07

well spotted freewing....so all the x3 language codes are the phone prefixes? not that 3/3 is a big enough sample lol...
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

freewing
x3

Post by freewing » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 15:59

Hummm... tried, but it doesn't work... nothing happens.

I renamed in the /t dir the file to 398888.xml ....but ...???

What I noticed is that when I reinstall the script ProductFinder-V1.5-02.02.2006.spk a file named 448888.xml is recreated in /t ...

What's wrong?
PLEASE HELP
:o
Last edited by freewing on Sun, 12. Feb 06, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRazor
x4

Re: wow

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 16:03

Tritous wrote:well spotted freewing....so all the x3 language codes are the phone prefixes? not that 3/3 is a big enough sample lol...
AFAIK yes, all code languages are phone prefixes, that's what has been written by a modder and forum moderator in the italian X2 scripting forum.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 16:22

freewing wrote:Hummm... tried, but it doesn't work... nothing happens.

I renamed in the /t dir the file to 398888.xml ....but ...???

What I noticed is that when I reinstall the script ProductFinder-V1.5-02.02.2006.spk a file named 448888.xml is recreated in /t ...

What's wrong?
PLEASE HELP
:o
you also need to edit the file, one of the lop lines with be something like <language id="44"> you want to change that to 39 as well.

the reason the 448888 file is recreated when u reinstall is because thats the file thats contained in the package, so it will alwyas reinstall that file.

however, im going to add a feature in the install that lets you select the language you want to use, and if the text file for that language doesn't exist, it will create one so u wont have to do it manually ;)

freewing
x3

Post by freewing » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 18:08

1st of all sorry for my quite gurgling English! :lol:

Oh dear.... of course I changed te language ID to 39 ...not only the file name... I simply wasn't able to reach the commands in the menu: don't say nothing... I know, my blindness!!

Well, I now resolved and found how to make it work; the "only and last doubt" is WHY I get a message saying "no field selected"?

THX!
- Enrico (near Torino Olimpiadi)

:arrow: *** ANYWAY *** :!:
You can find an ITALIAN TRANSLATION OF "Product Finder 1.5 - 02.02.2006" HERE:
http://www.aecaosta.it/search/398888.zip
unzip it in /t ...

- Enrico

:arrow: :arrow: PS :!: :!:
I offer to TRANSLATE the full script in ITALIAN (not only the xml file): just send me the phrases to be translated and I'll send them to you!

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 12:12

Been using this script for a while now, guna get the updated version soon, just wanted to say good work! Very useful script.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 14:44

Hi Tomcat: I am using your script and have one question: The script check the price for the wares that I have in my cargospace, but if I have another cargo ship that have other wares, it also check the prices of that wares? I try and only check the prices from my ship. Maybe I,m doing somthing wrong?

pigasos
x3

Post by pigasos » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 15:28

Very good script.Can you expand it a little more.I want to search for a station to buy,(solar,mine..) and i dont want to search every shipyard separately.Can you help me? Greetings from Greece...

Skiddings
x3

Post by Skiddings » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 18:14

Nice script, but (sorry to moan) but is it possible to slightly alter it so that it tells you were you can sell the wares for the best price on the ship you're running it from.
Thanks.

HowieWG
x3

Its not showing up

Post by HowieWG » Wed, 28. Jun 06, 11:02

Do you need to do the "Theyshallhavewings" thing before the option appears in the Trade Menu?
Regards

BlackRazor
x4

Re: Its not showing up

Post by BlackRazor » Wed, 28. Jun 06, 13:41

HowieWG wrote:Do you need to do the "Theyshallhavewings" thing before the option appears in the Trade Menu?
Yes, all unsigned scripts need the script editor enabled to work.

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 10:19

Thx Tomcat, this is a winning script.

Could someone please tell me what the entries "Read script XXXX" in the list of products mean when I want to find a product?

Is there a compatibility issue here?

...good hunting 8)

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 14:47

ORIOLE wrote:Thx Tomcat, this is a winning script.

Could someone please tell me what the entries "Read script XXXX" in the list of products mean when I want to find a product?

Is there a compatibility issue here?

...good hunting 8)
Readtext problems appear when the script cannot find the corresponding text file, it normally happens when you don't install scripts correctly or when you use a localized version of X3 without making the needed changes to the text file. I suggest you look at the t folder in the main x3 folder and check if file 448888.xml is there. Also please tell us if you have a localized version of X3 and if you followed the procedure to make scripts compatible with localized versions. This problem could also maybe arise if there is a conflict between two scripts, if you have installed all your scripts with Cycrow's script installer then open the installer and press control + r to check for conflicts.

bunk
x3

product finder

Post by bunk » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 09:54

Very needed script, much appreciated.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 02:04

i've been using this for weeks now, i love it, thanks very much for doing it.

I would love a station finder too actually, would this be easy? I'm sort of getting to know where each is off by heart though, but if i leave the game for several weeks and come back to it i'll be oblivious once more, especially since not all universes are the same.
Rawr.

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 03:11

Bad Neuman! I should've written sooner!
I've been using this script since you first posted it and absolutely love it. Well done.

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 18:24

Yes, a station finder would be an excellent addition to this! Please see if adding that functionality would be within your doing. It would need to be dynamic for those of us using Ashley's XXL factories mod. :)

Anyway, thanks for the great script as it is.

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 12:22

Since the author hasn't posted in over a year I'd like to make available some updates to his plugin.

V2.0 updates by halo

new:

bugfix: find best price command is relevant to the ship it was called from, not just the player ship
bugfix: product search is restricted to sectors the player has assets in, not just sectors that the player has uncovered before
bugfix: incoming message is now written to the log instead of forced on screen immediately
feature: added ability to search for station type as well as ship and product types

project hosted at xai-corp.net
http://www.xai-corp.net/en/node/1376/

enjoi ;)
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 13:26

THANK YOU :!:

This is one of my favourite tools :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”