[Script] TerraCorps Fleet Package

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Sat, 5. Aug 06, 02:21

That would be awesome, especially combined with a sector take over type script. You could literally create your own empire, set your own illegal goods, run your own police force.

That's overly ambitious at the point in time but what an awesome idea, to give the player true freedom in so many aspects.

I would certiantly also like to see the admirals and vice admirals sending pilots to save UTs who are in trouble based on a threat rating. That would save me a little time having to constantly replace UTs.

Actorius
x4

Post by Actorius » Sat, 5. Aug 06, 03:21

SpaceMonkey1119 wrote:
I would certiantly also like to see the admirals and vice admirals sending pilots to save UTs who are in trouble based on a threat rating. That would save me a little time having to constantly replace UTs.
I can see the advantages in combining that with this script, but i dont think it is necessary at this point in time, what with the Player response fleet script by LV. admitedly that script responds to any and all property being attacked and in fleets of ships denoted by you (purchase of a software upgrade necessary for each ship, with jumpdrives)... that is.. if i understand it properly.

Of course having an admiral or TF leader control these, and therefore, making sure the ships were given the necessary e-cells and ammo and such would certainly make it not only effecient but running to how any large company would run things.

I agree, something that could work very well with this script.. but deffinately not something that is needed till much later
Attenion: One of your ships is under attack: Heretics End... Attention: One of your ships is under attack: Heretics End... Attent...

Oh shut the @*#@ up its only a bloody adv sat!

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 22:16

Well, I dunno. I'd like to see my task force leader equip a number of ships with jump drives and keep them fueled in preperation. Then I would like to see him evaulate the situation. If an advanced satalite is attacked he shouldn't scramble the fleet, however, if a far flung station is attacked by a xenon invasion he should mobilize the entire force to move to protect.

I would like to see him, after the battle is over, order new fighter pilots from the fighter base as kind of a reserve situation. He should also send ships to a designated shipyard and repair them, unless an auto repair feature is implimented in carriers (which to me seems a little silly that it's not in there by default) in which the carrier will dispatch m5s to retreive the resources. I can see this script being the coolest thing ever.

By the way I always use the free argon trading station for my FBC. Not only does it look cool, the unlimited fighter bay makes storing fighters ideal.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 04:57

Glad to hear someone is still working on this excellent script.

I have used Fighter Base Commander in the past in a previous X3 game, but am now using your new integrated script in my current game. I established an FB out of one of my factories and it got the M5s up with new pilots etc. My pilots have completed 9 or 10 tours of duty but are still at Ensign rank. I recall the old script levelling somewhat faster. Should I be concerned or is this normal?

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 07:18

That is the thing, experiance gain has been slowed. I wish it wasn't so, but I guess it gives a feeling of satisfaction

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 08:19

I could understand experience gain being slowed at the high end, but shouldn't it be somewhat faster for the first rank or so? It is taking me forever just to get them into M4s, let alone M3s so I can take them with me to gain real combat experience or consider making a taskforce.

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 22:02

Well, the script package has two different tour files. I am not advocateing editing this script but if it is really bothering you... you could
Spoiler
Show
Edit the FBC tour script to give more xp at the end of the tour

lordlexus
x3tc

Post by lordlexus » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 00:03

is there any way possible to keep the original pilots names that cpilot sets up? i really like seeing what they are flying, rank, and name in that 'glow'. I dont need to see 'ship 224', etc...

any tips would be great. Good script though (if the pilots can live long enough - lol)
q6600 (@3ghz)
4 gb ram
8800gtx
40" LCD @1920x1080 (yeah, thats right!)

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 00:57

Only the FBC doesn't use the pilots name the original scripts never did. I was tired of seeing 01 02 03 04 05 ectect....

So I changed them since in my opinion FBC is more like a Naval Flight school the pilots name really doesn't matter once they get to the TFs they have their names added.

All of these points have been thought about and I am thinking of adding them right now I am running bugs out of the scripts and should be posting them here. I think I have the Tender bug fixed (crosses fingers) and I have the ships flying without shields weapons fixed. Although some people won't like it heh the ship isn't sent on patrol until it is fully out fitted now.

I am (after I release this) going to work on different load outs and getting the TF's a "Tender" type ship where the commander of the TF can out fit ships based on the situation. I am also going to tighten up the AI as far as how they attack and defend so that hopefully not as many ships will be lost. Also going to make the leaders do a lazy patrol and attack enemies.....

Yes I am going to at a later date add the ability that if you own a 'Carrier' it will repair ships docked but this will cost resourses of course. Other things will be added on an as needed basis until i get the basics down I want to have in the script. I really really want to make the FBC purchase other types and name them accordingly, like vanguards, sentinals, ect ect. I want to do away with having to select a set shipyard and have it more like pick multiple shipyards and allow it to buy the best from them.. Not sure about this yet. Also the ability to buy them fully outfitted.

One thing I might add back in is the ability for the FBC to send M3's on patrol and help 'teach' the newer pilots. Yes I said TEACH, I'm going to add a teaching skill to pilots which will allow the pilots grouped with a higher rank to learn faster. This falls back on what I said earlier about I feel FBC's are more of a Training base, although I might increase their range of influance so they have a more of a 'patrol' function.

I'll try for a release by the 12th but I'm not promising it, My job has been very hectic here past couple weeks and usually when I shut down I just want to go to sleep :P.

Thanks for your support
Siath70

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 01:07

One more thing I might lessen the experience a bit at lower levels but I'm not sure I want to do this.

Once you start everything rolling it will work fine. it's getting it rolling that it seems to take the longest.

I have someone who tested out the new exp system and said same thing but I told him add a couple more ships to the mix. He has 3 FBC's and over 40 m5's 15 m4's and 10 m3's and is seeing regular promotions happening again and is once again happy.

I think adding in the TEACHING skill for pilots will help a bit.

Please comment so i know what people think it's the only way I have to consider if I have done something that really is disappointing. I as you please give the new exp time to work it self out and test it for a while before you make a choice on it.

Thanks Siath70

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 01:24

Thanks for the updates, will try to get onto the game sometime and try things out, as I had the old mods installed, and just installed your new ones instead of the old ones, so hope it still gonna work and my pilots keep going in my pirate sector I took over... :twisted:

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 03:17

Hi Siath,
I apologize if I came off as critical in my previous post. I have a question regarding the experience tables. In the CP report, is the number corresponding to "Actions in Combat" the experience level of the pilot? Also, is the threshold for the first rank-up 51? I am going to follow your advice and establish a few more fighter bases and see if I can start cranking out some capable pilots.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 03:47

Yes and Yes and don't worry about being critical about anything it's how scripts get better I want people to be critical of what I'm doing. It can only make the script better, if I don't like something I will simply not do it.

Ranks are as follows

ensign 0 - 50
Lt 51- 100
cmdr 101 - 200
capt 201 - 400
V adm 401 - 800
Adm 800

XP is only awarded if they are in the right ship too.

En - Lt is m5
Lt - cmdr is m4
cmdr - capt is m5
capt - Vadm is m6 and TL
ship class TL m2 m1 is allowable to Adm

the whole idea is so you have some type of structure and when you get a higher rank it's worth something more than "Oh just another Admiral or just another captain."

Thanks Siath70

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 05:11

One last thing expect a version number jump probably to 2.0 or something. I want to bring all the scripts in line so that the auto reloader will work correctly. So that means, if I understand how it works, everytime I update and change the version the scripts should be auto updating EVERY ship. At least thats what I'm hopeing, if I'm wrong let me know this is one thing that's new to me.

Siath70

targettio
x3

Post by targettio » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 17:08

siath70 great work,

but one suggestion for when you are working on the XP tables, could you add ranks for the xtended mod (m7 and m8 type ships) through a look up table of the ships type. as due to the current way of things, the game thinks all M7s and M8s are M1s (due to how the mod was writen) and therefore require and admiral, which seems wrong to me. eg deminos is not an M1 as the game thinks, its an m7 and so imo it should have its own rank

i know a lot of people use the xtended mod, and this would make a gret addition to your script; in time.

but like where you are going with this.

targ

lordlexus
x3tc

Post by lordlexus » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 17:59

This is going good for sure. The one thing I would like to see is a command to 'graduate' the pilot then instead of showing their names. I understand and agree that while they are at the academy they have no personal recognition and thats cool. But when i pull them from the academy and into service they stay as 'ship221' until they actually gain a rank with the cpilots taskforce script. which can take awhile..lol. unless i'm missing something which converts them back already. please advise.

Or have the academy automatically graduate them at m3 level or something (an option you can set).

More jump fuel for the tender is good (or even 2 or 3 tenders) as I find it goes for fuel every 2nd jump - and it only brings 1 or 2 items back.

One last thought. How about an option to set 2 sectors for training? ie: sector 1 is for m5/m4 and sector 2 is for m3+ as I find my m3's will not train anymore if a 'safe' sector is assigned for the academy.

This script is pretty slick, no doubt. The revised version should be awesome. thanks for your efforts. Lord knows i'd never be able to do it..lol
q6600 (@3ghz)
4 gb ram
8800gtx

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 18:25

When on Tours of duty, do the Cpilots do any sort of threat assessment before attacking? I keep losing all my M5s because they try to take out khaak capital ships that jump in from time to time and wipe them out before my sector patrols can engage them. Also, any chance we will ever get the option to change the size of the Tour of Duty groups? With the smaller ships, they would be more useful if they run in to anything in larger groups.

lordlexus
x3tc

Post by lordlexus » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:01

as far as I know you cannot change the size of the groups. Are you running your training academy in a friendly zone? ie: argon core sectors

What helped for me was to dump a centaur and 4/5 nova into a zone and patrol it. seemed to help keep the cadets alive.
q6600 (@3ghz)
4 gb ram
8800gtx

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:55

I ended up doubling up and now have 2 fighter bases in Ore belt and another two in Power Circle. I now do have some M3s patrolling the sectors but the M5s seem to suicide rush the occasional big ship that jumps in like Khaak Corvettes or Pirate Marauders.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 00:00

Also, what are your guys' opinions regarding ship selection for your FBs? I have been buying regular discoverers in lots of 10 and giving them the full 3MJ and 4xBIRE loadout. Would you guys recommend Jaguars or Harriers instead? I was thinking that maybe the APACs laser value might give those fighters a better survival chance in OOS.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”