[Script] TerraCorps Fleet Package

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Thu, 10. Aug 06, 16:47

I have noticed another issue. Two of my fighter bases have become somehwat bugged. The FBC was no longer sending out patrols and the M5s were all sitting idle. I tried clearing the station docking bays as well as restarting the FBC command on the stations. The FBC will no longer buy tenders(I did notice the previous tender for each of those two bases had been shot down) even with sufficient credits. I am also able to manually send it's fighters out on combat tours and the FBC does not override me. The problem does not seem to be global as my other two FBCs still work fine and I even established a fifth FB with no problems after I noticed these issues. Any ideas on what could have happened?

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 08:55

It appears that it is the destruction of the tender that is causing the problems. I had a third FB lose it's tender and it is now exhibiting the same issues. They won't buy another one or schedule combat tours or rename ships after this happens. Even restarting the FB script doesn't help. Is there any way I can fix this?

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 12:39

Looks like the download link is broken. :(

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 20:39

I checked out the logfile for the script also and it had ballooned to 39MB! It was constantly repeating a line about the stuck bases being established.

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 21:22

I heard of that happening in the stand alone FBC script.

Have you tried buying a new freighter and assigning it to the FB manually?

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 22:21

I have tried buying freighters and setting their homebase to the FB. IS that what you mean?

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Sat, 12. Aug 06, 01:01

Yeah, sorry I can't really remember what the suggested fix was last time.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Sat, 12. Aug 06, 01:09

I just read the last few pages of the original FB thread and it looks like no one had a solution either.... :(

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Sat, 12. Aug 06, 01:17

Try uninstalling the script package and reinstalling it, though that might totally mess up everything.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Sat, 12. Aug 06, 01:18

I tried that twice already. The affected bases remain screwed up upon reinstallation. The combat pilots also keep their stats/experience, so I am guessing that something is stored elsewhere that is not being deleted if you uninstall the scripts.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Sat, 12. Aug 06, 02:01

Ok the download link isn't broken I don't know if the hosting place I'm using was down for a bit but that possible.

Wait until the new set of scripts come out it will fix the broken tenders. Yes the scripts are held on the object. I have ran into a snag on the scripts so it is taking a bit longer I am hopeing by monday. Seem's what I thought I had fixed in the tenders wasn't fixed.......

Anyway just give me until moday and I'll toss out the new scripts. Might be earlier but don't hold your breath.

Siath70

matt9871
x3ap

Post by matt9871 » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 01:46

Do i need to download the Terracorps Combat Pilot Project before I download this?

Actorius
x4

Post by Actorius » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 02:21

No its already bundled into the one package
Attenion: One of your ships is under attack: Heretics End... Attention: One of your ships is under attack: Heretics End... Attent...

Oh shut the @*#@ up its only a bloody adv sat!

Vaygr
x3

Post by Vaygr » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 17:33

First off, kudos to all involved in this project and thanks to siath for keeping it going. This script is simply awesome, useful and fun to use.

I have run into some problems with it though:

-Sometimes the combat tours never end, be they ordered by a Station commander or manually so, the ships just fly around the sector endlessly and never gain the tour, or they sneak off into a corner and target (not shoot) enemies. The wingmen respond to a direct attack , but the leader doesnt even budge. The leader is stuck on "Attack" and targets any enemies that show up but will just sit there for eternity.

Is it possible to make it so that they'll level without combat tours too? I've a commander with 82 front line merits and it's annoying that no matter how many enemies he kills he never levels up because of the combat tour requirement.

-The Fighter base commander sometimes does not care about the damage to the ships and these have to be manually ordered to dock with the home base to get sent off for repairs (Because of the combat tour?)

-The Move Pilot to a new ship code works erratically, I've only seen one out of five lieutenants go for a buster to The shipyard (he does have more than enough money) EVEN if I assign the appropiate vessel class to the station.

Other than that, it's just awesome, the commader DOES buy and equip the discoverers, send them out in trios.

Hope the bugs can be ironed out, hats off to you all.

sphr
x4

Post by sphr » Tue, 15. Aug 06, 18:26

hi, I'm having touble getting this file from savefile. are any other mirrors possible? thanks! I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Coridan

Post by Coridan » Wed, 16. Aug 06, 06:22

siath70 wrote:...Anyway just give me until moday and I'll toss out the new scripts. Might be earlier but don't hold your breath...
It's been a monday or two... I was wondering if the update was out yet. :?

Coridan

Post by Coridan » Wed, 16. Aug 06, 20:14

Oh well... I'll just download it.

EDIT: If the link was working I could... :x

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Wed, 16. Aug 06, 20:45

Actually it has been 2 days past the monday I said I would release the new stuff.

My question is this.
You want it working or you want a broken copy?

Please by all means let me know because I can post the broken one if you would like.

BTW savefile looks to be down nothing I can do about that.

I'm A TRUCKER I drive/work 14+ hours a day sometimes I get no time to work on the script, it's called SLEEP. I was wrong to say monday.... SORRY it won't happen again I'll not keep people posted as to what I'm doing. Like right now middle of lunch break logged on (paid $5 to do it) to check on you guys and my email. Don't have time to do much.

You all want me to keep working on this or is the erractic script work going to be a problem? I mean I can go back to doing this stuff for myself that way people don't gripe at me. I have had several people tell me I'm nuts for doing this because people will never be happy and always complain. I said nah it will be ok......

Prove me right please. I enjoy working on this script and seeing peoples ideas and wants, don't make me regret it.

Siath

Coridan

Post by Coridan » Wed, 16. Aug 06, 21:31

You got me wrong... I was only curious to know if they update was out.

I am in no way wanting you to rush it, or take time out of important personal life, or work to do it.

I always hate game developers when they release a game or whatever too soon and there are bugs all over the place, and I hate the people who want it released sooner.

I'd be glad to wait as long as it takes, because I want a script that works right.
Actually it has been 2 days past the monday I said I would release the new stuff.
My apologies, I was looking at the date wrong. Forget I said anything.

Vaygr
x3

Post by Vaygr » Fri, 18. Aug 06, 17:03

Hey there,

First off Siath thanks for working on it dude, specially if you only have so much spare time. Like you said it's best to have a good release than a Beta with errors all over the place ... but please report if you can, having some signs of life is always good for a mod :D

Here's another bug report/few questions:

-When Lts. get transfered to an M4 , they stay docked , no matter how many ships (even Lts.) are docked at the station, but if they DONT switch ships they'll keep leveling and doing combat tours in their M5s just fine...

-How do you improve leadership? Currently my pilots (one of them a Cpt.) get like 1 Leadership Xp per combat tour. So to move them to an M6 you need 25. And most of them achieve Cmdr. rank by when they have 3 leadership points so in other words they need to do 22 combat tours in enemy territory? In an M3? I don't think they'd survive even 3 combat tours without constant supervising.

-Task force commanders sometimes don't start their "duties" (all off-duty) even when they've the max number of craft (Assaulting his own homebase seems to work around that)

-Task force commanders often misreport the task force's duties (e.g.:off-duty and the craft is patrolling)

-Task force commanders don't interpret the purpose of their task force right: I assigned 8 ensigns and 1 commander to him and they all went on sector recon (Using a 3 on home base + 1 + 1 sector combinations)

-Task force assault is very much ... useless ... they limit themselves to flying in formation with the TFL and attacking his targets (12 ships in a delta formation attacking 1 target ). Would it be possible to set them to attack all enemies instead?

-Do TFL gain any xp at all? If not , would it be possible to at least give them Leadership?

Thanks

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”