[SCRIPT] Mass-Driver Ammo Generator V1.01 : Update 22/07/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BoomerM6
x3tc

Post by BoomerM6 » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 23:20

Hello,

I like this script :)

Can you help me whit it becose i see the script generate only 5 units and i need more becose when i open fire i need more than 5.

Thank you.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 23:24

it limits the amount it generates so its not easy money.

if it did, then u could jsut go sell the ammo and get free money

BoomerM6
x3tc

Post by BoomerM6 » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 00:00

Yes i see and it's true.

But i personnally dont care about money but yes about the ammo units.
If i only have to go buy some for me it's ok, but when a use many ship whit this the problem is always to refull the ships in ammo.

Does not have any way to be charged for the ammo renerated?
5 is very useless so i use it anyway.

Thank you.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 00:07

if u like to increase the rate, u'll have to edit the script urself

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 10:44

Rather than have a generator why not add it to your capitol ship crews script? Munitions Expert Builds Mass driver ammunition if you have the resources and places it in your storage for resupplying docked fighters...neat? or no?

I for one prefer the mass drivers to impulse weapons because they ignore shields all together :) plus they are a must for those of us who enjoy Vipers insted of stock x3 ships :twisted:

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 21:35

sry :) but again i think one of youre scripts would be too mighty.
I use only ... 8 of yours ...

If i have to use at least energy cells to creat these amo or better,
like a amo fabs at the same rate with the same resources,
so it would be automaticly limited to TL, TS and M1,M0 as mobile amo fabs
which naturally cost more then a fab
that would be cool.

Perhaps i only cant imagine the micro-management problem that youre are solving with this script, but i think the realism lags with that kind of solution

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 22:02

Note that he is only giving you 5 boxes... that is 1000 units of ammo... and it takes 25 minutes to generate. This is TOTALLY USELESS in a battle, it is only good if you are between battles... I would like to change it so that you can get 5 ammo per MD mounted - so 20 MD's on a capship actually can generate enough ammo to matter. (also edit so that you get 20 cases per 5 minutes - one case per MD. )

But... I am perfectly fine with it now.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 22:12

Put it only on cap ships and require teladianium, silicon or ore to be used to produce them. Make it more expensive to make them there than in a factory (or atleast make it cost more to produce than to sell) then the player can make as much as they want.
Station Freight Transporter
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

Tritous
x3tc

m1s?

Post by Tritous » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 15:00

Kit out a load of fighters docked on an m1 / TL / m2 (they are great mobile bases for doing missions that require certain types of ships, you can just take a selection with you). I think there are a few scripts around that allow auto cargo maintainance on docked ships, just have them transfer the ammo to the mothership and then to your fighter.

The idea of munitions experts for capital ships is nice though. Another idea is to have this and munitions experts making "Advanced Ammo Packs" which can hold 1000 shots ea rather than 200, and so can increase the efficiency of small ships who have mass drivers...and they unpacking tools needed to use these compact racks. Not particularly tradable, but if you can turn 2 lots of ammo into the equivilent of 5 it could be useful for personal use.
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 15:16

the captial ship idea would be something best suited for my Capital Ship Crews script instead.

this is just to prevent u from having to get ammo all the time, as has been mention, the amount of ammo you get is very low, its designed so it will be very difficult to make a profit from using it

Tritous
x3tc

hmm

Post by Tritous » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 21:32

well apart from being hard to get, the ammo rapidly gets used up in any substancial battle. A way to not only sustain the ammo but to make it more efficient would be nice
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 01:02

sorry to bug you again cycrow :D

i have noticed a readtext error in my AL settings and i think its got something to do with your mass driver ammo generator if im reading the script library properly.

anywayz the error is as follows:

ReadText 7550-1

can you help?

thanks in advance
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 12:00

yeah thats the AL setting for the script.

the most likly cause is that the text file is missing or the wrong language, try to reinstall it.

then check if the file exists in the t directory

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 12:46

tried to remove it then reinstall it via the installer yesterday. no joy :(

what t file do i need to check for?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 22:29

for english, 447550.xml

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 00:11

ok

checked the t folder for the file you just mentioned. it IS in there. what else can i try?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

PHOENIX_X
x3

Post by PHOENIX_X » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 00:44

:? I tried to install it but everytime I ope it with the script installer I get an error saying unable to open file

any suggestions on solving that?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 23. Aug 07, 13:22

nope. still cant fix it :(

ive tried removing it from the installer, then installing it again. ive also tried a fresh download and still get the readtext error in the AL settings.

i even tried lookin to use the genrator's uninstall script in the editor. i couldnt find the correct script to use?? which i found a bit weird.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Aug 07, 20:31

when i get chance ill try to test a few things c if i can find out what the problem is

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 23. Aug 07, 22:57

hey no rush mate :) i know real life comes first and ive got enough scripts to keep me occupied for now. just thought you would like to be kept up to date with any bugs ive found.

keep up the good work though! :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”