'Roguey's Bonus Mod v1.4' Out now!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 02:50

hi XTM,

I do know of it, yes. I did make them with such a low turn speed that it such annoy anyone trying to exploit this vs small ships. After all who wants to move a turret for 5mins without shooting anything. If you really want to 'cheat' I cant stop you. Im hoping that people are honest to leave turrets alone - so they operate in normal settings. I cant really do much to stop this without changing the whole feel of the weapon - its egos bug not mine (all parameters are set right)! The energy usage has been up according,

thanks for telling me anyway!
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

wiz555
x3tc

Post by wiz555 » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 17:35

I've tried your mod,and i got say its decent. but like what was ssaid earlier, its way harder to kill and m2 with some m3 and while of hard work due to teh ship hull regen. Would it be possibal for you to code the hull regen to only work while you currentl have a certain % of shields so as to keep the hull from regening while the ship is being damaged?

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 20:54

1.3 is out now!

After 2/3+ days of testing, Ive finally got the weapons how I want. The biggest thing of v1.3 is the mods to the capital weapons such as flaks, PPC's and beam cannons. Here is a better description:

PPC’s have been changed (stats)
PPC’s work similar to that of the original game, however they fire less often. The damage has been multiplied to counteract this. Basically they more or less work like before but make much less spam. PPC’s also travel 12% quicker but the range is the same. Making PPC’s good at capital ships and sometimes hitting smaller ships.
- Picture here

Beam Emitter (Real beam weapons) changed (stats)
The beam emitter is one of the most powerful weapons; however it requires massive amounts of power and can only move at a very slow rate. This makes the beam emitter useless against fighters. Against capital ships it is very powerful; however it doesn’t like to hit moving targets well – especially if both capital ships are turning a lot.
Exploit fixed as well.
- Picture here

Flak Cannon’s have been changed (stats)
Flak cannons are a capital ships anti-fighter gun. Alpha flak cannon offer a weaker version but still can be useful; however the beta flak cannons offer some great anti-fighter firepower. Flak cannons spam the sky with small but many explosives. The range however is too low for capital to capital ship fighting. Any flak cannon mounted in the front position can be very deadly. The Xenon K is the only ship which can fit beta flak cannons all-round – making one deadly anti-fighter ship.
- Picture here

ps. the link is the same as before! ps. new pics added on my site too
- Mod found here

I hope ive got everything working right now, as I need a rest. - a lot of work has got into this mod!
wiz555 wrote:Would it be possibal for you to code the hull regen to only work while you currentl have a certain % of shields so as to keep the hull from regening while the ship is being damaged?
Great idea! Ive added that to v1.3 - although this wont work with an existing game created with either v1/1.1/1.2.

mufflink
x4

Where is the download?

Post by mufflink » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 21:18

Hi Roguey,

This looks quite good, however when I click on the link I cannot see any of the images, it just shows a grey background. If i click on one of the image holders it takes me to a different page but it still just shows a grey background. Also I can't see anywhere to actually download the thing. Used both Firefox 2.0.0.1 and IE 6 and nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mufflink.
When in doubt.......cheat.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 23:23

hi, that is very strange as i use firefox 2.0.0.1 as well with no problems. Maybe its something to with your firewall/isp?

is anyone else having problems?

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 3. Jan 07, 01:04

Roguey wrote:is anyone else having problems?
All works for me. IE7 and Opera 9.10. :) Even on MS Vista RTM. :wink:

spaceweedaddict
x3

Post by spaceweedaddict » Wed, 3. Jan 07, 01:52

can you do anything about cap ship explosions? :shock:
"Somewhere between an American Pageant and Starship Troopers! "I want to save the environment, and drown in the blood of our enemies Sir!"
Welcome to the New British Empire!"
--Paranoid66

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 3. Jan 07, 02:22

i know what you mean about cap ships explosions, however im not even sure where to start with that - i think its something about shaders? if it was easy enough I would do a few different ones for things.

mufflink
x4

Post by mufflink » Wed, 3. Jan 07, 15:13

Roguey wrote:hi, that is very strange as i use firefox 2.0.0.1 as well with no problems. Maybe its something to with your firewall/isp?

is anyone else having problems?
WooHoo, its was my firewall. Strange it should only block your site. Anyway downloading it now.

Thanks.
Mufflink.
When in doubt.......cheat.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 19:12

so has anyone tried it? any comments? thoughts? likes? dislikes? .. etc.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 19:30

the one thing that annoys me the most is the ppc/pac glow when hitting a ship with them, for some reason the whole target ship glows and not just the place that was hit by the weapon, is this still so in this mod?
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 21:53

I do give you my word, I will try it within a couple of days. I'm playing the vanilla and am at 80 something Conqueror and trying to get to Legend so I can get to the point where I can cap K's. What I've done is made a complete backup of my X3 vanilla game so I can add the scripts. But I really want to keep pushing ahead and get to Legend vanilla. :)
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 22:37

bob hope wrote:the one thing that annoys me the most is the ppc/pac glow when hitting a ship with them, for some reason the whole target ship glows and not just the place that was hit by the weapon, is this still so in this mod?
I think its just effect to show you its hit the shields as well - not sure - however i havnt done anything to the ppc/pac's in that way.

thanks "Stu Austin" for trying soon - good idea to backup any save in-case you don't like some of the changes and you can always revert fully back.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 05:44

I loaded up your mod and soon as I loaded up a save and started playing, the Xenon wiped me out in about 4 seconds (flying my Python). The K's were shooting this beam at me and took me out quickly. I had to reload a couple of times and finally was able to jump out of the sector without engaging them. In my honest opinion, something needs to be done about that beam weapon. Its too powerful to be on a K because if the K's have them, then its going to be to tough to fight them in their sectors if they can wipe you out in less than 4 seconds.
:) :)

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 12:27

hmm, I did do quite a lot of testing with the beams weapons with 2 titans.

I equipped one titan with PPC's and the other with all beam weapons. The PPC titan would fire all the time (hitting around 70% of the time) - slowly doing damage. The other titan had to move in position then shoot doing massive damage to the PPC titan - at this point both titans were are 50%. From this point either titan could win. This was tested about 5/6+ times, however I never tried with a xenon K's. I even tried it a couple of times PPC and beam vs khaak weapons - and that went either way.

Do you have full shields? did you move abit (beams are very slow to track - why the damage is so high) - Does it look like it needs redoing? It would be easy enough to drop say 50%/25% damage off the beams,

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 17:24

its probably a case of peole used to being the owners of sectors with 1 or 2 titans, which since you can only enter through 1 or 2 gates into the sector means you would be in a bad position in the first place.

My personal gripe with all turrets is the fact that the larger the weapon the slower it turns, that and the fact they all are targetted from a central point, if the builders of the turrets had thought properly they would have made the things be able to handle any mountable weapon all at the same speed.

Personally i have always thought that the travel times of most weapons in the game takes a little too long so i am wondering if theres a chance you would do 2 versions of this, one with the current ppc setup and one with your original setup for ppcs in the mod
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 18:11

I was at 1/2 shields charge when it happenned. I was in amongst 3 or 4 Xenon capitol ships trying to take out a J like I normally do when all of a sudden the K's wiped me out with the beam weapons.
Maybe what you should do is jump into an Xenon sector and go up against some of their K's and J's and see what happens with you at the helm.
The thing I'm afraid of is if the Xenon K's now have the beam weapons, what other AI ships have them? If other AI ships have them, none of the factory ships will stand a chance as they transverse the sectors.
Heres what I'm going to do. I'm going to go ahead and uninstall the mod and go back to the vanilla game and get my combat rank up to Legend so I can cap K's then I'll go ahead and reinstall your mod and play with it fully.
:)

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 20:47

Well, if there were 3 or more xenon capital ships and also you have only half shields, what do you respect? :) I my tests were all done with 1v1 ie. trying to keep capital ships even'ish~. However they could need adjustment. Shame you cant try a 1vs1 battle and tell me what happens. Maybe beams could level things out??

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 14:25

1.4 is out now!

Whats new in v1.4?

New ship - Omicron
- Picture here

9 New sectors (only for restarted games)

There are now 9 new sectors to explore featuring:
- 3 empty sectors great for empire building (with ore/silicon asteroids),
- 1 pirate home sector,
- 1 new xenon sector,
- 1 new goner sector,
- 1 new khaak sector (connected to the main x3 universe),
- another 'unknown sector',
- 1 more pirate sector,

Upped front gun count on many X2 ships
Many X2 ships have similar front gun counts to that of the X3 version.
Hopefully this will make them more useful and save much switching weapons.

Auto hull fixes
Now restocks and also weights 55 cargo units.

Other
- Khaak attacks in Presidents End slightly reduced,
- X-Trader and Mamba Mk1 stats changed slightly,
- 3 Random M1’s in Random border sectors which explore,
- Xenon L, M and N have 10% more laser energy,
- Removed beams weapons from Xenon K’s and Xenon J’s.

Download link and pictures
· http://roguey.ueuo.com/gaming/pc/x3/mod_get.php?mod=12

I hope you enjoy the changes. Please leave any comments as normal :)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 19:40

Hi Roguey: I read the readme in the version before 1.4 and I didn't see any specification to the changes of the weapons. Do you have one, if posible?

Also you said that one ship per rank. So with about 10 to 15 ships I am Hero of the Federation?

Thanks...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”