'Roguey's Bonus Mod v1.4' Out now!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 20:02

Roguey wrote:
Puruco wrote:Hi Roguey: I notice that the Argon have a "Military Shipyar" and I think a saw one for the Paranids. The shpyards are empty. Also Saw a ship called Roguey somthing, I think is an M1. Just cheking if everything with the Mod.
Hi there, I'm not sure what you mean "Military Shipyar" as havnt changed anything with the shipyards. Do you have any other mods installed?
SLeeZeCoRe wrote:Yo Roguey, I posted an M7 for the Yaki a while back
Hi, nice work with the ship. Does it actually dock ok? - as its very big compared to the nova. What exactly did you do to the nova model ? could it be a possible M7 for argon?
Nah its just hacked up from pics, like I said before with the Salamander, I can't get my feeble mind around this 3D shizzle :?

Altering photos I can do though, everything on it is standard Nova parts, just resized and moved about.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 22:29

SLeeZeCoRe wrote:Nah its just hacked up from pics, like I said before with the Salamander, I can't get my feeble mind around this 3D shizzle :?

Altering photos I can do though, everything on it is standard Nova parts, just resized and moved about.
oh... well if you remember what you did to the pic, I 'might' be able to actually do it. The Nova-X was my first attempt at actually editing X3 models and it worked. Your notice I cut off the wings and drive wings to put an edited version of the split mamba wing. Bareing in mind that I have only edited existing models - I can't actually make anything from scratch - apart from a cube or something lol :s
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 00:38

phew... just finished working on my site. You can now find stats of all the addition ships found in my mod here:

/ships/index.php?notvanilla=1

bare in mind that these stats are found v2.00 - which isn't released yet. If you think some stats need 'balancing' tell me now, then I can do something about them before v2.00 is out. They may also change!

[update] All prices are now correct.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 16:31

Hi Roguey: Any chance that you can merge the EMP mod with yours 2.0 version so we can use some scripts that need the EMP?

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 16:43

Puruco wrote:Hi Roguey: Any chance that you can merge the EMP mod with yours 2.0 version so we can use some scripts that need the EMP?
what does EMP do?

on another note:

what do you think of my 'improved' m6's? They are new variants (original ships are left alone)
get_ship.php?id=257 and
get_ship.php?id=255 and
get_ship.php?id=248?

To me the dragon Mk2 (original egosoft version) seams a poor choice. My 'Dragon Mk2 Raider' seams to work the way you want it - taking on groups of ships, although its not massively overpowered.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 18:46

The EMP or Community Extended Mod Pack add a lot of ware/equipment slots so that modders can add theirs script. In vanilla ther are not many. For ex. freight upgrade, salvage claim softwar and others use EMP mod.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 18:48

Puruco wrote:The EMP or Community Extended Mod Pack add a lot of ware/equipment slots so that modders can add theirs script. In vanilla ther are not many. For ex. freight upgrade, salvage claim softwar and others use EMP mod.
Also I like more your dragon version than the original.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 21:51

I need 'twaret' from emp in-order to try and add support, however I cant seam to find a download of EMP. Seams to be either a bad zip file or a strange spk file. :s

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 21:58

Roguey wrote:I need 'twaret' from emp in-order to try and add support, however I cant seam to find a download of EMP. Seams to be either a bad zip file or a strange spk file. :s
I don't know how to put a link, but in the Cycrows site you can find it. Any Cycrow script have a link to his page. Also DDRS, XFP and XTM have integrete the EMP. Well I'm not so sure about XTM.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 22:19

Puruco wrote:
Roguey wrote:I need 'twaret' from emp in-order to try and add support, however I cant seam to find a download of EMP. Seams to be either a bad zip file or a strange spk file. :s
I don't know how to put a link, but in the Cycrows site you can find it. Any Cycrow script have a link to his page. Also DDRS, XFP and XTM have integrete the EMP. Well I'm not so sure about XTM.
I found the file and added in EMP, however one slot I had to 'go' over:

Code: Select all

28;0;0;0;0;81;10053;0;35714;1;1;0;35714;-10000;0;0;SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM1_1;
Will this be a problem? I'm hoping it wont be as this would break backwards support. Really need some EMP testing however - dont know what to test or how, but it should work now.

P_J_M
x3

Post by P_J_M » Fri, 26. Jan 07, 00:04

Hi all, just to let you know what I'm doing.

Work commitments during the week really slow me down, but this weekend I will be busy modelling :)

Almost finished the Perseus Proto, Just the cockpit and turret area to do.
It's mapped (textured) too :)

Will have a look at making the Cobra MKIII as an M7, already have ideas what to do.

If can get the model for the original Bayamon, I can use that to base a new X3 version on.

I am open to suggestions for modeling new ships, but within reason ;)

I can model well, and quickly (ish), but the mapping takes the time to get right
Dual 3GHz Xeon (Nocana 800FSB).
Asus NCCH-DL MoBo.
2 GB Geil Ultra PC3200 Dual Channel Ram.
Asus GeForce 6800GT 256MB.
Creative Audigy 2.
Maxtor 300 GB SATA HDD X 2
Akasa Eclipse-62.
Lots of Blue Neon.
Saitek X52.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 26. Jan 07, 01:38

sounds very good, any chance of seeing any pictures? :)

as for the Cobra MK III as an M7, that's would be really good, as there isn't enough M7's :)

so far for v2.00:
• Teladi ‘Falcon One’ Returns,
• New X3 ship by Roguey - Argon Nova-X
• More ship variants (including M6+),
• Fixed canopies and upped gun count on some ships,
• The ‘Beta Pulse Emitter’ is now the normal one found in X3. It uses the ‘alpha pulse beam emitter’ slot.
• My beam cannon in ‘Beta Beam Emitter’ slot and named ‘Photon Beam Cannon’,
• All Terran weapons make a lot less spam,
• Fog visibility increase by 5 times,
• EMP Support (99.9%, auto hull used the slot ‘SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM1_1’),

full list of v2.00 ship stats are current available here:
/ships/index.php?notvanilla=1

hopefully some new ship models thanks to 'The Evil Devirginator',

[update] Just done the 'Teladi Osprey Two Raider (M6+)', shown here:
- Teladi Osprey Two Raider (M6+)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 26. Jan 07, 16:00

Roguey: Version 2.0 is goning to be compatible wit save games from 1.4 or we have to start a new game?

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 26. Jan 07, 16:24

Puruco wrote:Roguey: Version 2.0 is goning to be compatible wit save games from 1.4 or we have to start a new game?
Do you mean v1.4 of X3? or my mod?

if you mean my mod then yes, its supports v2.0.01 of X3/v1.4,- of my mod, and 99.9% of emp. At one point there was no backwards support for my mod v1.4 - why the name change, however I thought about people using v1.4- and then thought I need to add the support so I did.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 00:04

I have started to play with the docking settings with M1's and TL's. Now M5, M4, M3, TP, and TS ships can dock at M1's and TL's, however... there is some problems:

TS are physically too wide for the hangar doors - I bet why egosoft don't allow TS ships to dock. They seam to work fine when the auto-pilot is driving them (most of the time). When you drive them they can some what explode on you un-docking - this doesn't happen to all ships/docks. If the doors were physically wider then then they would dock perfectly, I have put the 'push' away un-dock to help, but still may have the odd explosion and problem ships/docks.

I have only tested with 2 TS ships, although I can test with more ships/classes.

Does this sound ok? or shall i put it back to the egosoft way?

P_J_M
x3

Post by P_J_M » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 00:12

What do you think...

[ external image ]

Ready to upload if your happy.

EDIT

Just decided to change one texture, and remembered I have to add the Turret window, do those 1st thing tomorrow, then upload.
Asus NCCH-DL MoBo.
Creative Audigy 2.
Akasa Eclipse-62.
Lots of Blue Neon.
Saitek X52.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 01:34

very nice work, good one! Will be very inresting to see how X3 renders it. Export 'parts' with dbox and send that.

PM any details when ure ready, also say what sort-of specs you would like to see - roughly. It would be nice to have a few variants too :) oh, and what name you want to be credited by!

With regards to the docking on M1's/TL's, M6's and M7's are docking as well, meaning M7, M6, M5, M4, M3, TP and TS can dock. The Boron orca seams to be the most resistant ship to this, blowing up the most player (yourself in them) ships. Most ships dock/un-dock fine with the auto-pilot, ie:
- An Express (TP) docking with a Mammoth (TL),
- An Hyperion (M7) docking with a Colossus (M1), - M7 loses 75% of shields un-docking when you un-dock, auto-pilot no lost

do you like this change? or shall I put it back to ego's?

P_J_M
x3

Post by P_J_M » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 10:44

@Rougey PM

Right then, thats finished, the pic I posted is from a X3 model viewer, so that should be how she looks in the game.

Gonna have a look at the Cobra this morning.
Trouble is, it's gonna be big to be an M7, and it's rather dull, not a lot of features.

What race do you want it, need to know before I can texture.

Got another Idea to for a new ship, gotta try out a few things before spilling the beans on that one though ;)
Asus NCCH-DL MoBo.
Creative Audigy 2.
Akasa Eclipse-62.
Lots of Blue Neon.
Saitek X52.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 23:49

Thanks to 'The Evil Devirginator' aka 'PJM' we have a fully working Persues Proto in v2.00. All credit goes to 'The Evil Devirginator', a big thanks from me.

A in-game shot can be seen here:
- Persues Proto,

and stats here:
- Persues Proto Stats,

If you think the stats should be different please say and also any comments about the docking issues would be nice.

btw, all M6+ and new M3+ ships ie. Argon Nova-X and Persues Proto are only available at one shipyard in the X universe (this maybe any shipyard, so you will need to have a good look for them). This makes exploring more sectors more rewarding in some ways.

many thanks,

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Sun, 28. Jan 07, 07:36

Roguey wrote:
SLeeZeCoRe wrote:Nah its just hacked up from pics, like I said before with the Salamander, I can't get my feeble mind around this 3D shizzle :?

oh... well if you remember what you did to the pic, I 'might' be able to actually do it. The Nova-X was my first attempt at actually editing X3 models and it worked. Your notice I cut off the wings and drive wings to put an edited version of the split mamba wing. Bareing in mind that I have only edited existing models - I can't actually make anything from scratch - apart from a cube or something lol :s
Yeah its all standard parts just moved about and resized or removed, thats why I did all the angles and the (badly done) diagonal view so you could see what I did 'if' you want to mae it.

I'm slightly in awe of people that can **** about with 3D stuff. I'm more of the designer than a builder :lol:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”