Dukes Shipyard is open....

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 04:46

Also the YT-1300 cockpit camera is off also.
Now available at Dukes shipyard is the YT-1300 by DeadlyDA with more acurate cockpit position. Any modder's who use this ship and like the changes your welcome to have the simple changes required to match this for your mod :)

Duke.

PS Had alot of trouble with my web design program so if you find bugs please let me know, man i got a headache and its 3.45am :( Sleepy time me thinks :D Tomrrow ;)

Bedsheet
x3tc

Post by Bedsheet » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 05:03

Nice Duke you are awesome. Thanks a lot makes my game a lot more enjoyable. Someday I'll gain the basic understanding to attempt to learn to do this stuff myself... Don't hold your breath though.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 12:19

I beleive you should duplicate all of Tensins ships, Cycrows are okay. Most every ship on Tensins page is outdated unfornately.
What can I say? I got... Overwhelmed.

I'm just pulling down the 2.0 patch for X3 and will start looking at updating all of that (assuming no one has come up and made a comparable site, in which case I'm releived) once I can get the updated ship creator.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 13:55

Ah welcome back Tensin

if you would like to host your ships i'v already tweaked please let me know, your welcome to revert them back to your site and change the update link internally.

I will hold off for now until you can get your feet back on the ground with the latest ship installer and work on my original plan of packing Balogt's ships.

Let me know your plans, always happy to work with you :)

Duke.

PS the installed can be found via other threads at present, you got to dig thought.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 14:07

Duke,
I am happy to work with anyone.

Personally, I'd love to do nothing and enjoy the fruits of other's labor. I did what I did because there was not a repository of ships for everyone to get easy access to.

So if you want to put up a better site, then I offer my services such as they are. If you want to help me bring mine up to date, I welcome the assistance.

To respond spicifically to your comment. If you have XSP files up, and at a specific location, and you will be keeping them up-to-date, I'd just-as-soon link to yours from my page because it means that, once I put it up, I don't have to touch it again.

If you are concerned that, like I did, you may stop before you are done, or that your hosting is not permenant or the like: let's find something that serves both of us (help me put my site back together, for example).

Let me know what interests you, and thanks :)

Jerry

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 14:19

As your site already exists the best plan is to bring you back up to speed and fix all thats needed to be, cant see that many ships have issues.

My site will remain no matter what, the boss cant remove it as he has no idea how to, lol. (and hes happy so long as the company site dont get trashed :D) But space there is my limiting factor, maybe 100-150 ship files is all i can easily store.

If you want a relayout of your site then i can help there or any ships you have trouble with i'll see what i can do, compared to you i am a novice at ship packing still so will follow your lead ;)

Duke.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 14:29

tensin wrote:
I beleive you should duplicate all of Tensins ships, Cycrows are okay. Most every ship on Tensins page is outdated unfornately.
What can I say? I got... Overwhelmed.

I'm just pulling down the 2.0 patch for X3 and will start looking at updating all of that (assuming no one has come up and made a comparable site, in which case I'm releived) once I can get the updated ship creator.

What's outdated with them, exactly? I've grabbed a few from the site and they worked fine.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 14:48

There are basically two problems.

Some don't work properly.
Others have since been changed by their authors.

I'm glad to hear that many are still useful in general. It's going to take some time to sort through the mess that is the website.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 16:43

Duke,

Your site is way prettier than mine. If you can solve the navigation problem you are going to run into when you have 200 ships rather than 4, I'd love to use it / have you work with me on mine. Many hands make light work.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 18:03

I already have a plan for new page navigation, as the magority of ships on mine are singular it can be in a list with more new pages, as for yours being more group to certain shows i can see a navigation system which would be more suitable for you, i can put together something of a demo if you would like and let you have a look, let me know if your interested and i'll see what i can arrange, all you would need it the space to load it into to make it live.

Duke.

BTW i use net fusion 7 to make my site, pretty old but very usefull, makes mainly normal HTML pages thankfully, so can then be hand edited.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 18:21

I have found by trial and error that Tensin's work relies on something special in the XFP, which means that his work wont function with normal works like DDRS.
Much of my stuff is not XFP based, and so I don't think this problem is endemic of all of my work.

None-the-less: I'm beginning to rebuild and welcome working, tested XSP files as I will not be able to make and troubleshoot anywhere near the number required for the ships out there.

Duke,
Thanks. There are a number of considerations that need to be taken into account with the sheer volume involved. In addition to the need to categorize (because the list is so long), and the desire to offer more than on way to search the catalog, there is the problem of having multiple versions of the same ship.

Your site, for example, offers detailed information on the ship. That's a problem for me when there are five versions of the same ship, which may not even all be the same class, much less have the same cost.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 18:54

In addition to the need to categorize (because the list is so long), and the desire to offer more than on way to search the catalog, there is the problem of having multiple versions of the same ship.
hmmmmmm, will need to think on this one, alas database and search systems are one of the small areas i'v never got into before, i can do pretty, nice layout and put everything in a way that can be viewed by the visitor, alas searching maybe beyond my skills.
Your site, for example, offers detailed information on the ship. That's a problem for me when there are five versions of the same ship, which may not even all be the same class, much less have the same cost.
The details i'v given are just general for either version i have made, that should not change much, but in your case i can see its going to be a little more difficult.

The question is do you NEED the ability to search? If ships are listed by show surely that is then for the user to browes with suitable pictures and choose there desired version.

Would make alot less work for you, myself i chose a few ships by there looks in pics rather than a search, i wouldent know what ship i wanted, except maybe a Star Wars Tie Fighter, so i'd go into star wars and look down until i found what i wanted.

Anyway, just a thought, you must decide as its your site the kind of features it needs, would like and are just to much ;) I can help with some, alas my skills are not good enough for all.

Duke.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 18:59

I originally divided up by source, then duplicated everytihng by author.

You've seen my site. I welcome anything you can offer you think might improve it. I really like your graphics work. Like you, I'm not very skilleed at setting up web-accessed SQL databases :(

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 18:59

You two almost need your own fourm for .xsp models! :lol:

Then, you would just have to title the threads as the ship name. And have fourms for the different catagories / movies.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 19:11

Maybe Ashley has a point there.... Then anyone who does a ship could include it, with links. As long as pages are kept clear of chatter messages then that would be one way of everyone having a simple fix.

Bedsheet
x3tc

Post by Bedsheet » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 21:07

I'd like to help also, only issue I have no skills related. About the only thing I could do is download and test the .XSP's. If you need someone to do that I would be happy to be able to contribute something. My area of expertise lies in Firefighting and rescue... not very good with programming or webdesign.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Wed, 3. Jan 07, 02:08

I am sure both Tensin and myself would be very greatfull for the help of ship testing :)

Duke.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 00:40

I have been floating about, been working on some web stuff tonight, will be looking to package more ships very soon, watch this space ;)

Duke.

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 01:23

Is there any possibility of perhaps some of the X2 ships being repackaged and balanced? (Maybe CIG hardpoints?)

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 01:31

Roguey and the XFP both have X2 ships. Both are and/or will be in XSP.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”