[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 15:08

@nekoexmachina
about SCH issue.

on LUV.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/hd36ldh6qxcdp5d/sch1.png

on Mayhem.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/wuh1lrba26wb2xr/sch2.png

I solved by my way.
1. Construct an SCH you want. and Engage on Mayhem.
2. save.
3. launch LUV and load above save file.
4. dis-engage and re-engage above SCH.
5. LUV save and quit and re-launch Mayhem and load save.

maybe, the SCH will be all right.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 15:13

The only purpose of the fake patch is indeed to increase prices.

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 13:49

So. I was a bit bored and tested the price modifiers in my game.
@Joubarbe, this game is bonkers, lol, you're completely right.
What I've found out:
TWareF.txt (extracted from yout dat file)

Code: Select all

28;407;0;0;0;10;2583;6;1200;60;10;1;1200;-100;1045;0;SS_WARE_F258; //Space Weed
What modifies the storage issue is "1200,1200" (RelVal for Player and NPCs). What modifies prices is RelVal, Primary Price Modifier & Secondary Price Modifier. However, Primary Price Modifier, which modifies prices the most, can make products have negative prices (WAT.) Actually, anything that makes price like your prices (23k for space weed) and is achieved using this PPM/SPMs, makes minimal price negative. :|

What I find to be in good balance between Price & Volume is

28;407;0;0;0;10;2583;6;850;60;10;1;850;-100;1045;0;SS_WARE_F258; //Space Weed
This makes batch size = 42, cargo size = 44; prices = 4.168 to 15.612.
All the other objects need additional testing.. And I think I'm done with this, cause I'm sick of load-edit-unload-load-edit cycle. :-P

P.s. you can have that prices modifiers without .cat/.dat, stored in /addon/types directory, with names

TWareB.txt  TWareE.txt  TWareF.txt  TWareM.txt
;)

If anyone would like to make a balanced & working version of the prices, I'd appreciate it. :-P (may be I'll do it later.. but I'm lazy & don't like testing strange things).

Info used while editing dis thing: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=cz (w/o webcache it doesnt work).

What I really would like to know is how do I change cycle time using TWare files. I _love_ making space weed complexes but time of 7 hrs is quite way too high.
Edit: Figured that out.. Game for some reason doesnt' apply the changes of RelVal to cycle time w/o starting a new game..

Also, the game does not calculate the batch size using RelVal, it calculates how much can it store instead.
RelVal for NPC controls the storage amount & prices, RelVal for Player controls number of resources needed to produce a thingy.

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Tue, 12. Jan 16, 20:53

I only started boarding in Litcube's. Its like, the first time I felt I need boarding. This is such a fun process!! I wish I knew that it was so fun couple of years ago while playing Vanilla.
On the other news, I've succesfully stole about 5? M6 and some TM's as Yaki. And, in the meantime, I accidentially killed an M2 (jumped in the middle of the battle - which I didn't expect - seen that M2 with like 2% hull and no shields - bam bam - dead). This made me friends with Paranid, Split and Argons. Wonder how did boron M2 end up being enemies with Split.. Probably killed something in Teladi territory or whatever.
Split rep, tho, went down to -4 almost instantly since I've stole couple more M6's from their core sectors :>
This mod is _awesome_. I love you @Joubarbe.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 12. Jan 16, 22:16

Pandas love to be loved.

But they don't know how to make love. Stupid useless creatures!

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 03:53

Hello, Joubarbe...:)

I just tried to conquer about Terran race.

Finally there is only one station of Terran.

Here is the save.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/56894 ... _terran.7z

But I can't destroy the last station of Terran.

Because if I trying to destroy last one station, then game's freeze.
And I did test several times.
If you open this save, the last Orbital Defence Station has just 23% HULL.
So you can test immediately. and You can find the station in Asteroid belt.

Anyway, It takes very long time, but it was funny.

And there are any chance to continue to conquer? now, I guess it suppose to impossible to conquer about Terran.(also other race too)

Thanks.
[/url]

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 13:37

Thanks for the save. It has been fixed for the next version, but all core sectors will be impossible to conquer. Due to the Jobs, it's impossible to completely annihilate a race and take over all its sectors.

So say bye bye to The Moon, in the next version, all your factories in this sector will be destroyed and it will go back to Terrans :)

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 17:10

Of course, I have not. but I can make it anytime.

Here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iap15 ... msReach.7z

There are 2 sample SCH in Freedom's reach Sector.

1. CFA SCH 100 - Stock size is big than number of products. so It's working.
2. MD3 SCH 100 - Stock size is small than number of products. so It's not working.

and of course, the cycle times is very long. :cry:

I'd like to help you.

and I have another question.

1. There are a lot missile stations in my sectors. but it seems not working. product number is almost 0 when I checked anytime. Is it working the stations?

2. About GoD Changes in LU.
Litcube said like this.
Ships no longer spawn out of thin air. They will spawn only in their respective race's shipyards.
But, Why Terran fleet spawns in my sector of Terran that is took over by me?

Please, see my save...

Thanks.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 18:17

[ external image ]

Fixed. I'm running 1.01 ; what I did in your save is dock a TL into your station, disengage the SCH, then reengage it immediately. The 1.01 has a new inflation system that works ok.
Please see the changelog on the first page for other changes.

----
1. Last time I checked, there were fine. Do they have enough resources ?
EDIT : yep, there's something wrong with them. I'll look into it.
EDIT 2 : ok I can only suppose that with the old inflation system, some factories could be messed up as well, because I've just conquered two sectors, and half hour later, they've started producing their stuff.

2. They spawn elsewhere because in your game, they don't have any shipyards anymore, you destroyed them all :)

Anyway, as I said in my previous post, the next version will fix that ; they will eventually spawn in their core sector (The Moon, for Terrans).

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 22:12

Joubarbe, I'm glad to this news.

Version 1.01 (NOT RELEASED YET - WILL BE AFTER LU 1.6.0) :
so, Killing me to wait LU 1.6.0.:)

The shipyard at Ianamus Zura now can sell Player Headquarters and Saturn Complex Hubs. Requires a new game.
What? Re..requires...new... new game? oh, my god....also killing me to require new game.. :cry:

Anyway a lot things changes. I'm happy.

and the........

2. They spawn elsewhere because in your game, they don't have any shipyards anymore, you destroyed them all
Of course, They are no shipyards now but I did destroy them several times already. but it was all in vain. because, I conquered that sectors has shipyards priority. The moon -> Mars -> Satun3 ... so they were already no shipyards. however, Ice miner, transporters, M6, M7, M2, M1...etc... they are continually re-spawns.
specially, M1,M2,M7,M6 spawns the outside in sector. but transpoters, m3, m4 etc.. spawns around gates.
I don't know why this happens. so now I gave up.

anyway, I hope releasing next version soon.

Thanks a lot for your job.
Last edited by hanuland on Wed, 20. Jan 16, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 22:38

I'll work on a basic Export/Import implementation, but this won't be perfect. You could still do an E/I right now, but you'd lose all Mayhem related stuff. i.e Mayhem would be completely reset.

Don't despair though, a new game in LU does not mean to start from nothing. I'm pretty sure I can come up with a decent E/I feature, I just need to find some time :)

EDIT : BOOM !

[ external image ]

Done.

EDIT 2 : In the next version, I will drop all modifications to Phanon and OCV, except starting OCV sectors (they start with more sectors). That way, Mayhem will be compatible with Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus, and all other potential mods that would like to better tune Phanon and OCV.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Thu, 21. Jan 16, 22:48

I can't waiting Mayhem 1.01. Killing me now... Probably do you know about release date for LU 1.6.0?:)

pending wait,
Finally I begun to cooperation with Yaki.(It's my own race now as you know) Almost It's destroying Emperor's Mine. so My Argon reputation's -4(from +10, 98%). but It's ok.

I have been thought about Yaki. They have been conquer around "Savage spur' sector, and always Their incursion fleet has been started from Senator's Badlands. so the distance is very too far.
also They send a message to me. but I have to wait for a while until arriving aiming sector.
However, Yaki already has been conquered some sectors around Paranid prime and got some sectors. But they have only one shipyard. and the fleet is very weak.

It suppose to be it's very unfavorable than other races.

so, I have a curiosity.

Is it any chance Yaki have more shipyards?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 21. Jan 16, 23:12

Yakis deserved a special treatment, I agree. As I said in my original post, Yakis are by far the most challenging race to play. A solution I had for a time was to make Pirate sectors Yaki. I'm afraid that's going to be for another time though ; 1.01 is ready and I don't think I'll add more to it before release.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Thu, 21. Jan 16, 23:33

Yes, of course, I know it was a challenging to me choosing Yaki. and I can accept anything.

also I don't expect more things for 1.01, I think it's enough at current circumstance.
I'm afraid that's going to be for another time though
oh, sorry about that.

and about
to make Pirate sectors Yaki
please, could you more explanation to me?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 09:12

EDIT : added this :
  • NEW : Prophecy Fulfilled (formerly known as Vestibule Of Creation), Lasting Vengeance and Veil Of Delusion are now owned by Yakis. All of them have a Yaki shipyard. (maps\x3_universe.xml)
  • NEW : Now, when a faction conquers a new sector, it has a random chance of building an Outpost, a Trading Station or a support Shipyard. Support Shipyards have nothing to sell. They only here to build ships. (Mayhem.Establish.xml)
  • NEW : When Yakis conquer a new sector, they always build a support Shipyard, making them much more aggressive than other factions as they advance. (Mayhem.Establish.xml)

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Sat, 23. Jan 16, 03:34

NEW : Prophecy Fulfilled (formerly known as Vestibule Of Creation), Lasting Vengeance and Veil Of Delusion are now owned by Yakis. All of them have a Yaki shipyard. (maps\x3_universe.xml)
NEW : Now, when a faction conquers a new sector, it has a random chance of building an Outpost, a Trading Station or a support Shipyard. Support Shipyards have nothing to sell. They only here to build ships. (Mayhem.Establish.xml)
NEW : When Yakis conquer a new sector, they always build a support Shipyard, making them much more aggressive than other factions as they advance. (Mayhem.Establish.xml)

Thank you so much for your quick response.

It's a much appreciated present for me.

I just would like to play for Mayhem 1.01 soon.:lol:

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 25. Jan 16, 08:24

Is this compatible with XRM?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 25. Jan 16, 09:08

Litcube wrote:Is this compatible with XRM?
Stop texturing my thread with your bullsh*t !

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Mon, 25. Jan 16, 12:50

Litcube wrote:
Is this compatible with XRM?

Stop texturing my thread with your bullsh*t !

You guys crack me up.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 28. Jan 16, 21:10

Guys, what do you think about adding the following products to ALL Teladi Trading Stations :
  • Advanced Satellite
  • Massom Powder
  • Rastar Oil
  • Cloth Rimes
  • Meatsteak Cahoonas
  • BoFu
  • Stott Spices
  • Majaglit
  • Soja Husk
It would probably be good for mid-games, when the universe really is beginning to be chaotic.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”