It cost me only 870 million....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wurtzel
x4

It cost me only 870 million....

Post by Wurtzel » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 05:17

Well, I'm now the proud owner of the most useless piece of prime real-estate in the X-universe....... :roll: But it was fun getting it. 8) Not sure yet if I'll develope it as it's a fair way from (in my game) the neccesary resouces to start a complex.......

If someone offers a good price for it here, say +900 million, I'd listen. :twisted:
I THINK, SO THEREFORE I AM

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 07:42

Guess what, just like another poster did, I just lost it back to the Taladi.. :( A question to the developers; Is this one of those quirks that you guys love, or is it a genuine bug???? 870 million down the drain isn't that funny.. :evil:

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 08:30

it deducted the money from your account? I do know that it is a "bid" though, you don't simply buy it, you have to beat the NPC's

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 08:53

No, it was definately handed over to me, even renamed the sector to legends home.. or something like that... Even had congradulation messages on the bbs..

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 09:02

Wurtzel wrote:Is this one of those quirks that you guys love, or is it a genuine bug????
Sounds genuine. And has been posted on both this forum and on Tech Forum already. AFAIK, Ego is working on it.

Storm666
x3tc

Re: It cost me only 870 million....

Post by Storm666 » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 19:45

Wurtzel wrote:Not sure yet if I'll develope it as it's a fair way from (in my game) the neccesary resouces to start a complex :twisted:
if you look at the 2 adjoining sectors you'll find enough silicon and ore to satisfy your needs (and with CLS or CA pilots with jump drives, its not a problem)

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 19:55

havent tried it yet, but seeing you can tow various objects trough gates now(according ot patch notes) is it possible to tow asteroids/factories trough gates now? could be fun towing a 64yield asteroid halfway trough the known univurse :p
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

Onerious Deletion
x4

Post by Onerious Deletion » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 23:35

I feel your pain... i already have a post also on tech forum about me purchasing that place and renaming it and then losing it to teladi and i got it for 870,000,000 Cr. and got ticked when they took it back, i cant wait for that patch to fix it comes out if it does.

Blood-Hunter

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 23:44

I can assure you that we do not love to torture our players by taking away Avarice once they finally claimed it. This was indeed a very unfortunate bug and I'd like to apologize for this glitch.

Now to offer you a bit more than mere words, here's a hotfix for the problem:
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/file ... 2.0.02.exe

it's not on the download page yet, so you sector-buying night-owls can get a headstart ;)
Tomorrow the news announcement will be posted and the other patches will be uploaded and distributed to the different mirror servers

If you owned Avarice in 2.0.01 this patch will give it back to you once you dock at a station or change sector (you will need to pick a name for it one more time)
The "ReadText1404-8" issue has also been resolved.

Apart from the sector auction this update also contains a few more fixes:
- The safety distance for the Tractor Beam after passing through gates has been increased
- The Blueprint delivery during the Bala Gi Research Missions should now be less distracted by additional shipyards, added through third-party modifications
- TS and TP ships produced at the HQ will now be released into space to avoid undocking issues
- Production and repair queues no longer build/repair an item that has been removed if there were insufficient resources when it was originally added
- Advanced Satellite factories will now produce the correct type of satellite if they were producing normal satellites in loaded savegames
- The game will no longer crash under Windows 2000 if the file dbghelp.dll is not present
- The HQ now can handle goner ships, too
- Production and repair costs for ships have been slightly reduced (resource requirements for Micro Chips have been lowered)
- Lasertowers now have increased manoeuvrability

Good night.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 00:58

Great stuff BurnIt and Egosoft, very many thanks. :D

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 02:03

Hmm sounds like they did somit good with the small hotfix patch but has enough bug testing been done on this?

Also is it worth getting if i dont care about avarice system as well you cant turn the colonists on the planets in the system to slaves mwhahaa so whats the point. :twisted:
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Onerious Deletion
x4

Post by Onerious Deletion » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 03:46

THX! that is just what i needed, now i can go back and put my HQ in it with my saved file ment for somthing like this to happen!

THX EGOSOFT

Blood-Hunter

P.S.: Keep up the good work, your winning yourself over my MMOGs i play :P

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 03:56

BurnIt! wrote:- Production and repair costs for ships have been slightly reduced (resource requirements for Micro Chips have been lowered)
thank god i spoted this, im still building my 10 complex's for ship building, 1 per product type. hadnt got as far as constructing the high tech goods ones, geuss im gonna be re-designing them now, lol

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 09:25

Fixed my advanced satellite problem :thumb_up:
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 10:16

You know, I havent really done much combat in my game but have a VAST trading empire, and no matter how hard I tried (my goal was to obtain enough credits to get avarice) There was absolutely no way I could get the necessary $615 000 000.
100plus stations (Various big complexes specifically for providing large amounts of income - 1MJ shield complex@ herrons nebula, several soyery complexes etc etc, and not to mention about 20 universe Traders. Never did I ever come anywhere close to having enough money to enter a bid and now the auction is over, now how blood frustrating do you think that is ?
The bloody auction should last forever, from what I understand it doesnt sell for less than 800 million which in itself is ALOT of money and if a player wants to (Or has to) wait a long time before buying it then why not?

I hope somebody listens to this.
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 10:40

dlryan wrote:The bloody auction should last forever, from what I understand it doesnt sell for less than 800 million which in itself is ALOT of money and if a player wants to (Or has to) wait a long time before buying it then why not?
On my test run I won with the initial 615 mil bid. There seems to be a dice roll to determine if you win, or need to bid more.

There seems to be a huge variance on how much players can muster in fixed time. Combat (missions and looting) can definitely add on the top of whatever a trade empire produces. But time in fight is time away from building.

There are two cases:
1. Player starts a new game in 2.0. How much time does he have?
2. Player continues old game with 2.0. How much time? On my test about 28 hours. Might be random too. And one can always keep playing the 1.4.03 game until one is "ready". There is the forever-lasting auction for you. :wink:

I'm impressed about how much Ego has put effort to support this game. :thumb_up:

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 11:05

dlryan wrote:You know, I havent really done much combat in my game but have a VAST trading empire, and no matter how hard I tried (my goal was to obtain enough credits to get avarice) There was absolutely no way I could get the necessary $615 000 000.
100plus stations (Various big complexes specifically for providing large amounts of income - 1MJ shield complex@ herrons nebula, several soyery complexes etc etc, and not to mention about 20 universe Traders. Never did I ever come anywhere close to having enough money to enter a bid and now the auction is over, now how blood frustrating do you think that is ?
The bloody auction should last forever, from what I understand it doesnt sell for less than 800 million which in itself is ALOT of money and if a player wants to (Or has to) wait a long time before buying it then why not?

I hope somebody listens to this.
By your own admission, you don't do much combat, hence you're missing out on a hellava lot of money... Eg I must have made about +200 milllion on Xenon Invasion missions alone, on top of doing lucrative bbs assassinations (some paying up to 22 million)....

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 11:28

but you cant please all the people all the time. I've not played X3 for a long time and dont have much in the way of money or factories. I will never reach the credits required for the sector but it doesn't bother me. I played to have fun and I've had a lot of that. i've still not discovered all sectors, I dont own any combat ships larger than an M3, i've never done an assassination mission, I've not tried any mods or scripts and I'm still content. The new mission is a complete bonus and one that has got me playing again.
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 11:43

Regarding testing.

Several players went the extra mile to help provide material needed for testing and fixing. Combine that with the long hours 2 well known goldies put in and you have your answer as to whether this got tested enough or not.

The players I delt with were on hand most of the time so we where not left waiting a week for replies.

Youd be amazed how helpful that is. :)

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 14:00

Giskard.

Get that poor man a umberella will ya (peeks at avatar). :lol:
Last edited by Skeeter on Fri, 17. Nov 06, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”