doubleshadow's DBOX2 (1.11)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Midimaster
x3

Post by Midimaster » Mon, 18. Dec 06, 17:16

thank you for your prompt support!

which xform do you mean? afaik the both modifiers "xform" and "reset xform" are based on gmax and are necessary for scaling the bodys to the right size and i never found another modifier..?!.. (i remember when i imported my first ship into x3 it was an M6+ with the size of an M3... :lol: ).

so, I will check the file tonight, if my son is fallen asleep.... :wink:

Edit:

ok, I replaced the file, and everything seems to be fine :D , but i did not test the scene in X3, yet, but I will let you know!

Thank you again for your support!

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 09:25

Midimaster wrote:whatever i try the Scenes are exported from dbox like this:

looking for dbox xform
not found
rotation: (eulerAngles ...)

of course the x form modifier was applied...
doubleshadow wrote:Do not apply the dbox_xform modifier! It was experimental feature and it doesn't work correctly.
I was reffereing to my own object stack modifier called dbox_xform - I thought you were reffering to that. Of course you can (and must) use the original Reset Xform button (and the build in Xform modifier) to get the objects exported correctly.

LilFunkyAngel

Post by LilFunkyAngel » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 21:11

Thanks D.S. ,very much...

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 13:12

Version 1.8 is out.

* The installer works with Max 9
* Bump maps are working (you must have x2bc >= 1.0.11)
* The X-material is now properly saved and no properties will vanish -> you don't have to "fix" the material headers after export anymore.

I_E_Maverick
x3

Post by I_E_Maverick » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 17:28

GREAT! never ever have to change those material entry by hand :)
good work!!

twistedtech
x3tc

Post by twistedtech » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 00:23

Yayyyyy!! Thank you.
Try not to let your mind wander... It is too small to be out by itself.

Crip67
x4

Post by Crip67 » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 02:06

im getting error message from 3ds ver 8 "error loading peramblock2" and then "invalid file- only partially loaded" did i do something wrong?

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 08:54

Crip67 wrote:im getting error message from 3ds ver 8 "error loading peramblock2" and then "invalid file- only partially loaded" did i do something wrong?
This is bug in 3ds Max.

How to fix it:

Move plugin [3ds max]\plugins\dbox2_x3material.ms to some temporary location (c:\tmp\) so Max will not find it.

Restart Max and open the "bad" scene. An error will occur (Unable to load library blah blah...) - ignore it. The scene will open just fine but you will loose any X Materials. That's inevitable.
Now save the scene (maybe under a different name). Close Max and return the dbox2_x3material.ms file back into its original location.
Start Max and open the scene. Now you have to import some BOD file with the same materials you had in your scene. Once you import them, DBOX will create the now fully persistent X Materials and you can attach then to your objects (bodies). Delete the temporary imported objects. Save the scene.

It's a lot of work, but since the whole 3ds Max is buggy (take any version you want) it's the only way (I know of).

Crip67
x4

Post by Crip67 » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 12:05

i sorry i should have told you i get these error messages at the start of 3ds as soon as i turn it on. no model loaded.i tried the above fix and it didnt work.i think ill try a fresh install of 3ds next.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 03:48

Crip as I think I may have mentioned some time ago, I get exactly the same problem you have, but only with 3DS version 8. My previous version 6 does not exhibit this issue. For what it's worth.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 08:32

@Crip67
@Observer

I know exactly what are you talking about. Me and Deadly run into the same problem with both Max 5 and 8.

Crip - my previous description should work. As soon as you remove the "dbox2_x3material.ms" file from the "plugins" directory, you cannot possibly have any "param block error", but you will have "Cannot find dll" error (if your max scene contains X material).

Maybe you just copied the dbox2_x3material.ms instead of moving it? You can as well just delete it - or uninstall the whole dbox :) That should work...

Then follow the procedure from my previous post.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 18:14

Thanks Doubleshadow! Actually, this problem doesn't bother me too much since it doesn't seem to affect anything besides getting a couple of errors during 3DS Max startup. Perhaps someday if I have nothing else to do I may try your suggested fix. :)

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 00:02

now if this could only be made to work with blender, that would make life a lot easier for some people, i know not a lot of people like it, but i find it fairly easy to use and dont feel like working out another 3d application yet, as i have not fully worked that out.
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 08:33

bob hope wrote:now if this could only be made to work with blender, that would make life a lot easier for some people, i know not a lot of people like it, but i find it fairly easy to use and dont feel like working out another 3d application yet, as i have not fully worked that out.
... i know not a lot of people like it... - and that's the problem. I can't even make a decent box in Blender. It's a bit hard to make an importing/exporting program for something you cannot use properly. Not to mention I'm not too keen to learn Python (or more precisely Python for Blender).

I_E_Maverick
x3

Post by I_E_Maverick » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 23:23

thought i could ask this here. i may have found a problem with dbox or in general. everytime i export a material with a lightmap in it the whole texture begins to glow in the game, even the non lighted parts.
i tried several ways to avoid this, leaving all x3 parameters from an original model, having none of any x3 shader properties and so on. always the same result, glowing parts.

as i also copied an original x3 material with lightmap on my model which glowed ingame either i thought it must be something with the exporter.
did anyone had problems like this? is there a way to solve this problem?

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 00:15

Sorry Doubleshadow, dont mean to henpeck you, what type of box do you want to make? just a plain cube or something more fancy?

this is like me asking for a drawing package and getting cs2 which to me is more picture and image manipulation that drawing, i spent all my time shouting that i just wanted to draw using the gfx tablet, i dont want to select stuff and the rest ...
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 08:50

@I_E_Maverick - I have no idea. Try to ask at XFP or XTM forums. These guys should know.
bob hope wrote:what type of box do you want to make? just a plain cube or something more fancy?
No - a simple box, 6 sides, 8 verts you know... I must admit that I haven't read the manual nor any tutorials. I just think for something like this, you don't have to do that. Of course I was busy at the time so I really didn't get Blender a chance.

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 19:26

will this work of extracted XSP ships or do they actually need to be in the game first?

I am good all the way up until I try to import the bod file of a extracted XSP file. It says something about the there's no proper import module or something to that effect.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 09:00

Jiggaman wrote:I am good all the way up until I try to import the bod file of a extracted XSP file. It says something about the there's no proper import module or something to that effect.
Have you read the manual? (Unlikely):

- [3ds max]\scripts\DBOX2\readme.txt
- [3ds Max]\help\dbox2.chm

and finally How to start DBOX.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 11:59

New patch for DBOX 1.8. It's only for Gmax users. People with 3ds Max don't need to bother.

See the first post.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”