Resource Complex's for Ship Building 101

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Parazac
x4

Resource Complex's for Ship Building 101

Post by Parazac » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 03:05

im creating a set of complex's to use for ship building, i have tried to keep it to one complex per product with production times of 24 hours (in some cases hell of a lot less) to create enough resources for the new M7. in most cases i have tried to use the lowest possible roid yield, that way some are left over in the sector i am using for other things :D for bigger ships you will just have to run the factories for longer.

you could always use the complex's to sell to other races, and just restrict them when you want to stockpile resources for your own use ;)

the resources you need for all ships are:
Energy Cells
Teladianium
cloth Rimes
Raster Oil
Ore
Silicon Wafers
Crystal
Quantum Tubes
Microchips
Computer Components

this is based on putting all complex's in the sector Savage Spur which is full of roids :D

Energy Complex
1 x Argon Solar Power Plant M
1 x Argon Crystal Fab M
1 x Argon Cahoona Bakery M
1 x Argon Cattle Ranch M
1 x Argon Silicon Mine L (10 Yield)
4 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 11,605,148

Teladianium Complex
1 x Teladi Teladianium Foundry M
1 x Argon Crystal Fab M
1 x Argon Cattle Ranch M
5 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 12,332,296

Cloth Rimes Complex
1 x Argon Rimes Factory M
1 x Argon Wheat Farm M
1 x Argon Crystal Fab M
1 x Argon Cattle Ranch M
1 x Argon Silicon Mine L (12 Yield)
6 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 13,513,912

Raster Oil Complex
1 x Split Rastar Refinery M
1 x Split Chelt Space Aquarium M
2 x Argon Solar Power Plant M
2 x Argon Crystal Fab M
2 x Argon Cahoona Bakery M
2 x Argon Cattle Ranch M
1 x Argon Silicon Mine L (21 Yield)
10 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 24,044,568

Ore Complex
1 x Argon Ore Mine M
1 x Argon Crystal Fab M
1 x Argon Cattle Ranch M
1 x Argon Silicon Mine L (12 Yield)
5 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 12,267,372

Silicon Wafers Complex
1 x Argon Silicon Mine L (18 Yield)
1 x Argon Crystal Fab M
1 x Argon Cattle Ranch M
4 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 11,605,148

Crystals Complex
2 x Argon Crystal Fab M
2 x Argon Cattle Ranch M
1 x Argon Silicon Mine L (21 Yield)
7 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 16,915,924

Quantum Tubes Complex
1 x Argon Quantum Tube Fab
2 x Argon Cattle Ranch M
1 x Argon Crystal Fab M
1 x Argon Silicon Mine L (15 Yield)
7 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 17,922,244

Microchips Complex
4 x Argon Chip plant
2 x Argon Cahoona Bakery L
2 x Argon Cattle Ranch L
1 x Argon Solar Power Plant L
1 x Argon Silicon Mine L (40 Yield)
3 x Argon Crystal Fab M
13 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 60,362,996

Computer Components Complex
1 x Argon Computer Plant
2 x Argon Cattle Ranch M
1 x Argon Crystal Fab M
1 x Argon Silicon Mine L (15 Yield)
7 x Construction Kits
Total Cost of Factories and Kits = 15,520,060

To build them all
Total Complex's = 10
Total Factories = 78
Total Construction Kits = 68
Total Cost = 196,089,060

enjoy :twisted:
Last edited by Parazac on Tue, 14. Nov 06, 20:42, edited 2 times in total.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 03:17

yikes

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 04:07

Those efficiencies are horrible, a crystal fab complex with 4 crystal fab M's, 2 Cattle Ranch L's, 2 Cahoona Backery L's, and a Solar Power Plant XL on 40 yield worth of silicon opperates at >100% efficiency producing food and energy, you can multiply these numbers by any scalar or sub for any other food type (I just happen to use mostly arrgon factories) and it seems to be the perfect formula for a complex. If you want to add in chip plants or other silicon using factories you need to add more silicon asteroids (I think each plant requires 5 yield, don't quote me on that though), but the base complex I specified here can support 6 M factories that only require energy (ex. 3 wheat farm M's and 3 Rimes fact M's counts as 6 M stations only using energy) at just over 100%

Edit: Btw that station complex costs 40 million to set up w/o any add stations

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 08:22

Do you spot the devious theme of the required resources? They need mainly Silicon. They are ones that have not been favored by players before (because other products sell better). Silicon is needed for Crystals and ECells in every selfsufficient complex. Shipbuilder has to spend some of that self-support into resources for the HQ. And the names/descriptions of the needed resources are even logical in the context.

Most devious, sheer brilliant, Ego! :thumb_up:

Savage Spur is not a nice place for that purpose. It has plenty of asteroids, and more Ore than Silicon. A place for Ore-based industry. I would look for sectors that have clearly more Silicon than Ore. Not just would. Will.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 08:45

Ore belt has a 56 and a 64 yield asteroid (I'm not telling you where so it's not even close to a spoiler) tow em together and you got 120 yield :P that's a nice start for a complex

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 14:08

Psirus wrote:Those efficiencies are horrible, a crystal fab complex with 4 crystal fab M's, 2 Cattle Ranch L's, 2 Cahoona Backery L's, and a Solar Power Plant XL on 40 yield worth of silicon opperates at >100% efficiency producing food and energy
mine are all for supply of ship building resources over a 24hour time period, why waste valuable high yeild silicon roids, when these complex's are meant for ship building only and not making money?

plus if i run your example complex quoted above through the Factory Complex Calculator, it shows you are only producing 78.7% of the needed crystals to make it self sufficient so are not 100% efficient at all :?
Last edited by Parazac on Tue, 14. Nov 06, 14:25, edited 4 times in total.

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 14:11

jlehtone wrote:Savage Spur is not a nice place for that purpose. It has plenty of asteroids, and more Ore than Silicon. A place for Ore-based industry. I would look for sectors that have clearly more Silicon than Ore. Not just would. Will.
that may be true, but it is the perfect place for my PHQ. Several race's shipyards are near by, and jumpdrives can be bought a few sectors away :D

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 17:34

I think these is somethign wrong with that station complex calculator, because I started with 50000 energy cells in the complex, and now I have 53000 energy cell, 200 microchips, 2000 computer components, 5000 cloth rimes, 100 quantum tubes, 300 computer components, 10000 agnu beef, 31000 meatsteaks, and 200 crystals; I guess the surplus just appeared :? Oh, and in anticipation to an answer, all resources are set to "sell" only and complex has been operational for 12-24 game hours (I lost tracK.

Oh yeah, and forgot to mention that this is a 44 station with 9 cattle ranches, 9 cahoona backeries, 2 Rimes Facts, 2 tube fabs, 2 Wheat farms, 2 computer plants, 10 crystal fabs, 2 solar power plants, 5 chip plants, on 200 yield of silicon (I had to script in the asteroids, but they cost me about 600 million for the extras I needed) All plants are L except the power plants which are XL and the crystal Fab's which are M
Last edited by Psirus on Tue, 14. Nov 06, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 17:52

Psirus wrote:I think these is somethign wrong with that station complex calculator, because I started with 50000 energy cells in the complex, and now I have 53000 energy cell, 200 microchips, 2000 computer components, 5000 cloth rimes, 100 quantum tubes, 300 computer components, 10000 agnu beef, 31000 meatsteaks, and 200 crystals; I guess the surplus just appeared :? Oh, and in anticipation to an answer, all resources are set to "sell" only and complex has been operational for 12-24 game hours (I lost track).
now that is very strange indeed, from using the complex calculator i can run the individual complex's for 250 hours or longer without any problems and without buying anything. maybe your complex works fine short term, but over a cetain amount of time it may run out of resources to be self sufficient?

that my guess, lol

elwayno
x3

Post by elwayno » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 18:10

mmm try the crystal free script
its never let me down in my secret ore belt weapons complex
5 demeters carrying ppcs and pacs to my equipment dock
Always one eye on the scanner and a missile ready for when its my turn to fight. khaak keep coming and i keep blasting. Thats how to survive.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 18:20

I don't think there is a loss of any resources on my current one (I updated my current specs, try running them through your calculator), but I do know I had the original complex I specified built at one point in time and it ran indefinatly.

theKettle
x3

Post by theKettle » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 18:44

I haven't done much complex building for a while, so I might be wrong about this, but I was under the impression that a lower than 100% efficiency wouldn't mean you lose resources, just that the factories aren't all operating at full speed. In the first example Psirus gave, I think all you need to do to up the efficiency is add one more crystal fab. (An XL plant runs at 10x, an L at 5x and an M at 2x, since you can't buy Crystal Fab L's, you need 5 M's to keep up with the 2 L's in every other resource).
The '78% of needed crystals' just means the other factories will be sitting idle 22% of the time waiting for the crystal fabs to catch up.
That's the complex I'm going for anyway, using the unknown sector near Getsu Fune (I like to keep my armada and facilities hidden, a Xenon sector does a good job of keeping out wandering explorers, plus there are tons of asteroids).

This is taking forever to post, hate how slow the boards are getting.
------------------

If I want to be toned up, calmed down, invigorated or anything then it's very simple. I just have a cup of tea.

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 20:40

ok, i see the confusion here.

i have taken a more detailed look at the complex calculator - where i show "efficiency" that is based on cost to make the goods versus cost to sell the goods. as my complex's are really just for stockpiling X number of resources in a 24 hour peroid for ship building, i have removed the efficiency numbers from my original post ;)

actual product creation proficiency would range around 98% for each of my complex's as a crystal fab does not have a 1:1, 1:2 etc... production rate versus any other factory type.

where Psirus's complex does work, it has a 22% idle time based on not having enough crsystals available ALL the time. my complex's have about 2% idle time, as crystals are produced at a fast rate from my complex's.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 20:57

I've got a largely self sufficient Supply complex set up for the HQ as well but it's considerably more modest then that little lot-

1 Solar power plant L
3 Crystal Fabs
3 Argnu Cattle ranches L
3 Cahoona Bakeries L
1 Silicon Mine L
1 Ore Mine L
1 Wheat Farm M
1 Rymes Fact M
1 Soyery M
1 Soyfam M
1 Quantum Tube Fab
1 Teladianium Foundary M
1 Chip Plant
1 Computer Plant.

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 21:06

very nice setup, i went with larger as i plan to produce 1 M7 every 24 hours and my little lot produce enough for it. i will just run the complex's for a little longer when i get around to cap ship making :twisted:

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 23:00

Ah, yes I forgot that I added that extra crystal fab :P, but then it does produce excess energy, and some excess crystal (I estimate it at about 4.5 crystal fabs supplies 2 solar XL plants, don't ask me how this work); in the grand scheme of the g.o.d. engine a system running at less than 100% from silicon mine -> crystal fab -> power plant would make no sense, as it would bleed itself dry. So after initial capitol investment in my basic complex the marginal cost of each additional energy cell should be negative. Just try it and see if it works for ya, this is all from experience in my game and 50+ silicon roids are pretty plentiful; 40 million isn't that much for a quick test and a factory that will produce unlimited energy cells :twisted: "Work, my little Argon slave children!" :evil:
oh and I found a leak in my most recent facility it needs 20-50 more silicon yield..... 45 station complex.....

mrwonderful239
x3

Post by mrwonderful239 » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 23:31

i gota question about this. so lets say u have a basic complex that supports its self ( M solar power plant, cattle ranch, cahoona bakery, and a M crystle complex and a silicon or ore mine with it) if u added a Heavy sheild complex to it, would it be more profitable than making a complex that produces crystles as its produce? i need to know so i can raise 30 million to get a trading station?

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 23:44

from there add a wheat farm and space fuel distillery, set the price to median-1 and wait, in the meantime raise your combat rank and start taking on assassination misson on hero rank you can make 30 million per mission, but if you've attained at least assassin rank you can make close to a mil per mission and up to 7 million on xenon invasion missions

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 03:58

so far i got 5 of my 10 complex's setup in game, they work damn well. on a side note i am now an expert at moving mine's around with the tractor beam, lol

theg3n
x3

Post by theg3n » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 05:56

I don't even think of reverse engineering the M2's, it's just not worth it. Reverse Engineering the M7 and building them is what makes the HQ so powerful for me anyways.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”