Accumulation of immobile haulers, is it fixed?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Zaijka
x4

Accumulation of immobile haulers, is it fixed?

Post by Zaijka » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 20:13

Would anybody be so kind to tell if the problem of accumulation of immobile haulers in some sectors has been solved in the new 2.0 patch? I could not figure it out from the description. Thanks in adv.

Z

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 01:00

Not sure. It may have been fixed in a minor AI/Script update. The only way is to check.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 22:16

These 'dead' NPC traders are probably idling while waiting for a free docking slot at a station which is curretly choking with ships on dock commad.

Cheers Euclid

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 12:03

Besides, there would be two stages in the "fix".
1. To prevent it from happening again.
2. To remove the existing orphans.

My game has still fighters near West Gate of Paranid Prime and South Gate of Argon Prime. I do assume that they may be leftovers from the plot, not properly cleared up. Not a problem. But that also hints that stage (2) was not in the patch. No idea about (1). Do you still see the accumulation of new 'dead' ships in your game?

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 13:15

jlehtone wrote:Besides, there would be two stages in the "fix".
1. To prevent it from happening again.
2. To remove the existing orphans.

My game has still fighters near West Gate of Paranid Prime and South Gate of Argon Prime. I do assume that they may be leftovers from the plot, not properly cleared up. Not a problem. But that also hints that stage (2) was not in the patch. No idea about (1). Do you still see the accumulation of new 'dead' ships in your game?
Humorously, I have two groups of fighters idling exactly at the same two locations. They never move for days. Both groups are lead by an M6 and contain several M3s, M4s and M5s.

In 1.4.03 I have noticed one reason of freezing of similar war parties. There is a subscript that creates a boron war party at the Ocean of Fantasy, which is later sent to the upper right xenon sector to fight. But something happens and the whole party just freezes in boron space for good. I have reloaded and followed the party to the xenon sector just to watch it to be destroyed by the xenon.

This, however, does not explain frozen argon and paranid, since there are no xenon nearby.

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 13:19

jlehtone wrote:Do you still see the accumulation of new 'dead' ships in your game?
I am checking it with 2.02 these days.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 17:57

jlehtone wrote: My game has still fighters near West Gate of Paranid Prime and South Gate of Argon Prime. I do assume that they may be leftovers from the plot, not properly cleared up. Not a problem.
Unfortunately I have an exactly similar group of ships hanging around the North gate in Cardinal's Domain, which isn't a plot-related sector at all--and I also know for a fact they weren't there for a goodly long while after I finished the plot, because I fly through that sector on the way to capping trips in Pirate Alley quite a bit.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 18:00

And i've still got a boron shark sitting doing nothing in new income!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”