[AL Plugin][SCRIPT] Xenon Shipyard 1.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think of this Plugin?

I like it, Let the Xenon Roll
76%
I hate it, Xenon are wimps
2%
Are you Crazy? Are you TRYING to get me killed?
22%

Total votes: 110

Jakesnake5
x4

[AL Plugin][SCRIPT] Xenon Shipyard 1.01

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 07:34

Many of us who have played X2 know about sector X472, and the spawns from it's shipyard. Unfortunately, X3 removed this joy to the Universe.

Here, then, is an Artificial Life Plugin, Xenon Shipyard.

It creates a Xenon Shipyard, in sector X472. It is situated far enough back from the gates to prevent a traffic jam.

The reason for this plugin, was made possible by a user of another of my scripts, Yaki Stations. This script created a Yaki EQ Dock and Shipyard in a Yaki sector.

The user discovered, that the Yaki would spawn, by preference, at this shipyard. This means any of the Yaki Patrols, that you normally see away from Yaki sectors, would, if destroyed, respawn at the shipyard, then move to their patrol sectors.

This creates an interesting effect of the Paranid trying to kill them in the process.

Turns out, like the Yaki, the Xenon will, by preference, spawn at a Xenon Shipyard. And thus the plugin was born.

The AL is cyclic in nature. If the AL is turned on, it will spawn the Shipyard. If, while the AL is on, that Shipyard is destroyed, the plugin will eventually respawn a new one.

The side effect of this, is that any Xenon, in any Xenon sector (or even a patrol) that is destroyed (Stations not included), will respawn at the Shipyard, and attempt to head to their Home sector. This, though, only applies to Xenon defined in the Jobs.txt config, and not any scripted ship, like in Race Invasion, Xenon Migration, etc.

This, as those who played X2 know, can wreak havok with the sectors in between X472 and their destination. Especially, if it is a Cap ship that is heading Home. :twisted:

This AL is provided in Cycrow Script Installer format (.spk)

Xenon Shipyard

Mirror at:
[ external image ]
Last edited by Jakesnake5 on Mon, 16. Jun 14, 04:43, edited 6 times in total.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 08:20

I remember the Js and Ks heading from 472 towards the Xenon sector above Getsu Fune :twisted:
Now that was funny. :D

I'll give it a try :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 17:57

Another nice add-on Jake :thumb_up:

Now where is the Terran SY/ED script :-P

Cheers Euclid

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 19:21

Minor change. Nothing big.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Profitgeier
x3

Post by Profitgeier » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 21:20

Site is down :cry:

Sounds great.. already missed the Shipyard.

-> Site is back online... got it now. THX!

greetings
Profitgeier
Last edited by Profitgeier on Wed, 13. Dec 06, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
And the people shall deliver the wicked under your divine judgement.
Where their sins will be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

-Hallowed are the Ori-

***modified*** und stolz drauf!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 21:29

I'll give this one a go. This and the Xenon migration could make for a volatile universe. :)

Now, someone needs to make something similar for the Khaak. Make them spawn into random sectors and start wreaking havoc.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 21:39

@Profitgeier

Site was ok (could ftp in) but the web server seemed to be hosed.

They got it fixed.
[ external image ]

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 22:25

fud wrote:I'll give this one a go. This and the Xenon migration could make for a volatile universe. :)

Now, someone needs to make something similar for the Khaak. Make them spawn into random sectors and start wreaking havoc.
i might just do that, after christmas when i get some more free time, i should have Xenon wars finished, then ill translate that for Kha'ak and pirates too

Profitgeier
x3

Post by Profitgeier » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 22:37

Holy .... never seen anyone who writes that much. :o

I am looking forward to an Xenon dominated universe :D

greetings
Profitgeier
And the people shall deliver the wicked under your divine judgement.
Where their sins will be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

-Hallowed are the Ori-

***modified*** und stolz drauf!

Asmodesu
x3

Post by Asmodesu » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 21:46

Might be interesting to stage a second Xenon invasion.

Every Xenon sector has a shipyard that spawns an endless amount of ships that attack nearby sectors when a large enough invasion fleet has been built.

Once you take out the shipyard respawning in that sector will stop. Naturally once you attack a shipyard reinforcements from other Xenon sectors may jump in to defend it in in varying numbers. (Depending on how many ships other Xenon sectors have to spare in addition to their permanent defenses.)

However a Xenon TL (shouldn't be too difficult to mod using the K and J as reference) may bring in a new shipyard.

When all shipyards have been detroyed you can congratulate yourself for saving the X-universe from the Xenon.

Something like that might be fun to play, but only after you have enough money to buy destroyers on a whim.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 23:06

Maybe so, but that'd be for some, more 'Creative' individual to script. I just do small thing within my ability to mangle. :D
[ external image ]

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 07:21

Cycrow wrote:
fud wrote:I'll give this one a go. This and the Xenon migration could make for a volatile universe. :)

i might just do that, after christmas when i get some more free time, i should have Xenon wars finished, then ill translate that for Kha'ak and pirates too

OOOOOO looks like ill be able to add lotsa ka'ak (Kar) ships to my growing taken over fleets....lets see....

got 5 kark raiders and scouts to play with...just need about 55 more to fill up my distroyer....or was that the carrier i need to fill....

wonders off to continue claimming and overriding poor Kha'ak ship computers for thier demise and take over
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 15:02

Cycrow wrote:

Cycrow, how have you gone with Xenon Wars - it sounds really great, I'd love to get stuck into this one!!!

AG.

Boris_The_Blade

Post by Boris_The_Blade » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 08:24

Yeah good work used with Migration and XTM
5 P's and 3 Q's came and torn up Thards Abyss. :D
Slowly expanding their empire....

Question why does the SY have Xenon Ships avaliable to buy? Can you buy them?

Oh and that SY in every Xenon sector could be a map so you start with a Destroyer of your choice use that to take the SY's out with. :twisted:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 26. Aug 07, 16:22

Boris_The_Blade wrote:Question why does the SY have Xenon Ships avaliable to buy? Can you buy them?
Well, it wouldn't be a TRUE shipyard if it didn't have the requisite ships in it's queue, would it? :D
[ external image ]

Fundacion
x3ap

Post by Fundacion » Fri, 26. Oct 07, 17:39

This script works with Xtended?

Thank & Bye

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 26. Oct 07, 23:18

It should. Unless Xtended does something silly like removing sector 472. :D
[ external image ]

dkleemann
x3

Post by dkleemann » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 23:32

does it replace ships already destroyed before this script is installed?
A CNN reporter recently asked a U.S. Marine "What do you feel everytime you shoot an insurgent?".
The Marine shrugged and replied "Recoil".

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 00:50

If you mean the Xenon's, they will respawn, at the SY.

All Xenon's in the X3 Universe are created by the jobs.txt and jobswings.txt files. This means the game engine will eventually respawn them.

The only hitch, is fighters have to go through 'hostile' sectors from the SY to get to their home systems.

I'm not 100% about fighters assigned to cap ships. I'd probably have to write a monitoring script to see if they respawn, or if you need to destroy the cap ship itself to get them to respawn.

I DO know that ships that lose their capship home, will try to destruct at the SY, and a new cap ship will be spawned with its assigned fighters.
[ external image ]

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 19:53

Hey, the shipyard in my game is invisible! Is this normal? It still seems to work like it is supposed to though. Except that I can fly through it!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”