loomanckstarts legacy spp xl problem

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

SirCharles
x3tc

loomanckstarts legacy spp xl problem

Post by SirCharles » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 23:54

i tried posting this in the regular forum, but was unable to get help, so i am tring here. i set up a complex in loomanckstrats legacey and was at the point where all i needed was the 3 spp xl's to finnish of the loop. i bought them from the shipyard in light of heart, slap them in, and sent a few ships over to them with some extra crystal i had. thats when I noticed that they are messed up. they have the e-cell storage capacity of spp xl's but the cycle time is 1 minute and 16 seconds for 1380 e-cells, the normal amount of e-cells shoild be 2760 for a spp xl. with a cycle time around 2 and a half minutes or so. since i am geting the expected amount of e-cells in 2 minutes and 30 seconds, i could live with that. but the powerplants also have a crystal capcity of 3320 instead of 6640 like they should have. i am running all the latest patches and updates, and am not using any unsigned scripts, or any mods of any kind. everything else is running ok with the game. when i run x3, i do not run any other programs, that includes firewalls, antivirus programs, ect. i can give my system specs if that will help. buy the way, all the other spp xl's that i have built and included in other complexes are working the way they should be.
P.S. i tried the seach pages before posting my problem, and was not able find anything on it. thanks in advance for any help you can give.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 00:27

I really don't see you problem. As I said in your first post here I do have an engery complex in Looms and it's working fine. It consisting of 4 x SPP XL, 15 x Xtal fabs and 3 x Silicon L mines plus the necessary food fabs.

If you merge these stations into one complex then the max storage is also merged. For example the xtals of the SPPs and the Xtal fabs add up to a max storage of 23240 and the max storage of ecells of all stations in that complex add up to 725000.

Maybe I'm missing your point here but IMHO there is nothing wrong with an SPP XL in Looms and hence this is not an tech support issue.

Cheers Euclid

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 00:30

1) Format your sentences for easier reading.

2) I just did a test. Got a SPP XL from each race and deployed them. All have cycle times of 1:58, all produce 2760 e-cells per cycle. Each hold 6640 crystals.

3) What mod are you running thats causing these errors?
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

SirCharles
x3tc

Post by SirCharles » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 01:17

sorry about the formatting.
i'm not running any mods.
i have all the updates and patches released by egosoft installed.
i just fired up x3 and did a test. I had a mamoth in loom with my 3rd spp xl in it. when set up in loom, it is the same as the other 2.
when I jump to ceo's doubt, and set up the spp there, it behaves as normal. by normal, i mean cycle times, e-cell ouput, crystal storeage capacity, are all exactly as they should be.

euclid, I understand, and totaly agree with what you said about combing factories combining factories also combines the totals what they hold. but the problem i am having whith the game is that when i combine 2 spp xl, they only have the total crystal capacity of 1 factory instead of 2. the output and cycle times of the combines factories are messed up just like they were before joining them.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 01:27

Could be due to Looms has zero sun. My SPPs have 1:16 cycle times but it's difficult to see how much is produced in one batch. Just about to check...

Cheers Euclid

SirCharles
x3tc

Post by SirCharles » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 01:36

now that you mention it, i can see that loom having 0 percent sun might mess with the cycle time, i still cannot understand why it would mess with the crystal capacity.
please let me know what you find out.
thanks for the help.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 03:11

Yes, the zero sun does that. In fact Looms is the only sector with a different sun intensity, namely zero. All other sectors have 100.

So in Looms an XL SPP produces 1380 ecells in 1:16 using 10 xtals, that's about 18.16 ecells per second. In any other sector it's 2760 in 1:58 using 20 xtals, which comes to 23.39 ecells per second.

The max stock is accordingly.

Still no tech support issue - just the way it is.

Cheers Euclid

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 17:48

I just wish that Akeela's Beacon still had the 450% sun like in X2, that was so awesome. Though they did explain that the artificial suns burned out over the last *2* years WTF?!
Brian

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 17:51

Why resurrect a 3 month old thread in the Tech Support forum to make a comment that has nothing to do with Tech Support? If you have comments on gameplay then please use the main forum, and preferably without digging up long-dead threads.

Edit: Accidental resurrection, explained by user. :)

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”