Dukes Shipyard is open....

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dukesatan
x3

Dukes Shipyard is open....

Post by dukesatan » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 16:18

Welcome one and all to Dukes Shipyard

We have a growing array of pre-packaged ships for your inclusion into your X3 universe. Thanks to the excellent designer Balogt we have full permission to package new and existing ship designs he creats.

Where requested and so long as no one objects ship packs found to be faulty will be repacked, DeadlyDA is given due credited for his design work, anyone else wishing to have there model's packed do shout.

We will try not to duplicate any working ship's already packaged by Tensin or Cycrow unless requested to, all ships have update links to allow the ship installed to check for newer versions.

Link to Dukes shipyard

Should you find a ship not showing or loading please do let me know, i am always happy to check a ship can be seen or has the right values. Most ships come in an original configuration OR a rebalanced model, choose whichever is your requirements.

Currently available ships:

Korhlar class battlecruiser (M2)
Terran Wraith (M5)
Terran Thor (M3)
YT-1300 (TS) - This was a special requested cockpit reposition.

More will be added in time :)

NOTE: The shipyard is still open and will get more ships at some point, my main point is helping Tensin with his site at present and going through all Balogt's data files. Alas gmax wont run on my pc anymore, just hangs everything up for me :( so i am not to happy about that.
Last edited by dukesatan on Wed, 31. Jan 07, 15:17, edited 3 times in total.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Re: Dukes Shipyard is open....

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 16:22

dukesatan wrote:We will try not to duplicate any ship's already packaged by Tension or Cycrow unless requested to.
I beleive you should duplicate all of Tensins ships, Cycrows are okay. Most every ship on Tensins page is outdated unfornately.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 16:32

Ok cool, I have seen a few ships others have tried and they havent shown in space at all, I dont want to go standing on someone elses toes to quickly ;) For now i'll be trying to get together ship's that have not been packaged before. Cant say i will beable to do them all as it's a bit of a learning curve for me to ;) But here's hopeing hay :D

Duke.

Dark-Venom
x3

Post by Dark-Venom » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 16:57

an excellent resource that you have setup, hopefully alot of the ships that have been packaged that do not show in the game can be fixed, Terran Thor in mind :P

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 17:12

I have found the Thor, Its a DeadlyDA ship and i will have a play to see if i can get things going, i have found a few tricks which get some models to work again, will let you know later.

Duke.

BTW The thor is also part of the DDRS mod, so it must have been got to work as a ship as part of that, but as a packaged ship so far it wont go, lol.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 18:27

an excellent resource that you have setup, hopefully alot of the ships that have been packaged that do not show in the game can be fixed, Terran Thor in mind
Have a working ship :D

Duke.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 20:07

Dukes packed Terran Thor is now available for download, if you had tensions original installed this one should take its place, be aware this ship is also used by other mod's installing it along with those may change or effect how they play. This was a repackaged by request, all due notice to Tensin and DeadlyDA acknowledged.

Duke.

Bedsheet
x3tc

Post by Bedsheet » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 22:18

Hey Duke possible for you to fix cockpit camera locations. Mainly i'm thining of the Firefly model, Currently the camera is stuck in the center of the model. Also the YT-1300 cockpit camera is off also.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 23:05

Hey Duke possible for you to fix cockpit camera locations. Mainly i'm thining of the Firefly model, Currently the camera is stuck in the center of the model. Also the YT-1300 cockpit camera is off also..
Unsure on that one at this time, not something i have done, but with some playing i am sure it can be achived, give me time and i'll let you know ;)

OK, I can see the issue, allas the package i found for the YT-1300 does not allow me to change the values i think i need to so i'll have to repackage this one, first i needed the bits which i got, second i need to do a demo pack of them and third i need to know the idea where the camera would like to be, so back a bit from the gun or more above it. Answers on a postcard or better still here ;)

Duke

Bedsheet
x3tc

Post by Bedsheet » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 00:46

Well I was thinking since there isn't much of a cockpit, putting the camera lower on the YT and more to the right side. So in effect you'd be looking out the center glass of the cockpit.

The Firefly, just needs to be moved forward to the front of the ship. At least far enough to clear the model.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 01:50

ok, this ones being a prize, grrrrrrrrr, anyway, couldent make a working repacked ship :( (total loss of camera locations, unknown why) BUT have managed to extract the one needed file and as i guessed i'v worked out the co-ordinate system for camera positiong, not bad looking at a text file lol. Anyway, now i know what to change i can look about moving the two turrets in the YT-1300 pack. Unsure if i can do the firefly one at this time, completing this one is going to be a bit of trial and error in values but i'v now mastered it.

Duke.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 01:59

dukesatan wrote:Unsure if i can do the firefly one at this time, completing this one is going to be a bit of trial and error in values but i'v now mastered it.
You just learned a very valuable lesson in X3 modding. :wink:

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 02:05

lol, very true ashley, ah well, not alot of different from writing 20k lines of pic code really. write some, test, fix bugs, test, write some, test, fix bugs in first part cause it dident understand reply from second part, lol, etc etc ;)

Duke.

odin_ml
x3

Post by odin_ml » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 02:29

The Web Page looks good, and you did it in record time too. :thumb_up:

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 02:31

Wraith page fix as well, grrrr. ;) Downloads should be back for that one.

Duke.

odin_ml
x3

Post by odin_ml » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 02:37

The Wrait is Awesome thanks Balgot and Dukesatan

TiggerBandit
x3

pick one

Post by TiggerBandit » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 03:08

I have found by trial and error that Tensin's work relies on something special in the XFP, which means that his work wont function with normal works like DDRS.

So in my opinion, get the originals from Balogt's ftp site and package them into .xsp and put them on your site.

If you keep using Tensin's models, you will keep getting the stuck in the middle problem.

Whilst I love his work, I deleted all his models as it kept happening to me.

Oherwise, download them from Cycrow's site.
It is hard to soar like an eagle, when you are surrounded by Turkeys.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 03:15

Cycrow and his site have now been missing awhile, :( Hope he is well and returns soon.

Duke.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Re: pick one

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 03:26

TiggerBandit wrote:I have found by trial and error that Tensin's work relies on something special in the XFP, which means that his work wont function with normal works like DDRS.
It shouldnt... I had him compile the ones he did back in the day for the rest of the community outside of XFP... I just had him create a XFP section so everyone known which version of the ship it came from. Even if the original modeler had the same model, it may have had different specs in XFP.

TiggerBandit
x3

Post by TiggerBandit » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 03:34

dukesatan wrote:Cycrow and his site have now been missing awhile, :( Hope he is well and returns soon.

Duke.
I have a pile of ships I took off his site. PM me your email and I will send them to you.
It is hard to soar like an eagle, when you are surrounded by Turkeys.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”