Bala Gi Mission(s) Issue, Help needed, and appreciated!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kazuma
x4

Bala Gi Mission(s) Issue, Help needed, and appreciated!

Post by Kazuma » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 07:29

I appreciate anyone who can give me a thumbs up, explanation, and/or work around for an issue that has crept up in meh game.

Recently I hopped back into X3 to try out the BG missions and play with some of the fantastic mods that you guys have developed; unfortuneately in my fresh start game I was offered the KE-BG PHQ mission via message... great. Downside is, when I dock at KE... nothing... zip... zero... no message, no mission info... no nuthin.

Leading upto this I had done a few missions with DDRS, one being an 'assasinate' type... that I had not "turned in" yet... of course doing the normal fair I did try turning off said mod after turning in the mission... still nothing at KE.

I do have a plethora of mods turned on, none of which has caused me any significant gameplay issues upto this point.

My initial thoughts are: egosoft was kinda lazy, and decided to set the bala gi stuff as a global... and said variable has either been trashed, or wasnt set right at all, or one of meh mods does something similar... so bala gi is hosed for me in this game.

I spose if I was looking for an answer at all it would be:

What should I be looking for when I dock, a message, or some bbs rubbish ala. plot mission (an old bug some may remember from 1.0-1.2)

Has this been known to happen? If so which/ mods are likely suspects?

Is there a jump start script somewhere out there that can reset the interger (i guess) value to restart the bala gi stuff?

For some reason I feel like I may be screwed on this one... :?

-The short of it-
Was offered the KE BG PHQ mission; upon docking... nothing.

Again, I appreciate any help/suggestions that are offered up; as a whole the modders have done an outstanding job of putting together some excellent content and add on's for X... shame the same quality and user friendlyness isnt demonstrated by the release content. :(

*Mod list*
DDRS 2.4.1b (the newest one I guess - leveled, clean start)

Advanced Jumpdrive 1.41
Advanced Thruster Control 1.01
Anarkis Carrier Commands 1.40
Assassins Guild 1.60
BBS Advertisement 1.00
BBS Extras : 1.61
BBS Plugins : Yes 1.3
Bounty Hunters Guild 2.70
Capitol Ship Crews 1.30
Cargo Bay Energy Divert System 1.10
Community Extended Mod Pack 2.01
ECM System 1.00
Electro-Magnetic Pulse Blast Cannon 1.00
Group Targeting System 1.01
Heavy Assault Technology 1.2
Homebase Commands 1.20
Jump To Me Command 1.20
Logitech G15 LCD Stats 1.40
Mass-Driver Ammo Generator 1.01
Mercenaries Guild 2.81
Merchants Guild 1.44
Missile Targetting Software 1.01
Move To Coordinates 1.00
Nividium Mines 1.00
Overtune BBS 1.50
Passenger Slaves 1.00
Pirate Base Locator 1.00
Race Military 1.10
Racers Guild 1.00
Salvage Claim Software 1.05
Salvage Insurance Contract 1.01
Satalite Early Warning Network 1.10
Self Repairing Hull Technology 1.3
Shield Batteries and Nanobots 1.10
Ship Jamming Device 1.00
Smugglers Guild 1.33
Spacefly Hunting Software 1.01
Station Trader Camper
Taxi Drivers Guild 1.02
Tractor Beam Merchant 1.10
Trading Distribution Network 1.01
Xai Corporation Advanced Money Transfer X3.1.0
Xai Corporation Attack Target Of... (ATO) X3.1.0
Xai Corporation Group Combat Commands (GCC) X3.1.0
Xai Corporation Group Combat Hotkeys (GHK) X3.1.0
Xai Corporation Group Management System (GMS) X3.1.0
Xai Corporation Group Missile Management (GMM) X3.1.0
Xai Corporation Jump to Target (JTT) X3.1.0
Xai Corporation Refuel for Jump (RFJ) X3.1.1
Xai Corporation Ship Repair Facility (SRF) X3.1.1
Xai Corporation Station Command Suite (STCOM) X3.1.3
XaiCorp. Combat Commands Plugin X3.1.0
XaiCorp. Launch Drone Hotkey X3.1.01
XaiCorp. Scout for Enemies X3.1.0
XaiCorp. Station Upgrades Framework X3.1.2
XaiCorp. Turret Commands Plugin X3.0.1
XaiCorp. WayPoint Command X3.1.0
Xenon Migration 1.31
Yaki Armada 1.08
fix Attack Command X3.1.0
fix Trade Commands X3.1.0

Think that about covers it. :P

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 09:12

I don't know of any problems caused by scripts or mods which affect the Bala Gi missions except for in 2.0.1 (I think) had a problem if there were multiple shipyards in a sector it might choose the wrong one to attach the mission to. And that one I believe was fixed in 2.0.2.

What you should get, when you dock at the KE shipyard is a message in your log.

Other than that, I'm afraid I've got little help to offer. You might want to post in the tech support forum to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 13:15

I don't know of any problems caused by scripts or mods which affect the Bala Gi missions except for in 2.0.1 (I think) had a problem if there were multiple shipyards in a sector it might choose the wrong one to attach the mission to. And that one I believe was fixed in 2.0.2.
Thanks for the response eladan.
I had thought about that, so after exploring the sector I visited stations till I was offered the "sector stations" bbs options... paid the credits... but no other shipyards... alas, still no log update. I kinda hesitate to post in tech support, as I know some of the obvious responses will be "your modded up the yen yang, soooo... cant help ya". :roll:

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 04:06

*update*

After a couple more hours piddlin around in game, a repair dock courtesy of Xai's repair docks decided to spawn in KE, upon docking; presto chango' the Bala Gi Missions fired up... kinda bootleg; but sure does save meh some headache. :roll:

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 04:26

I dont think Xai Corps repair docks spawns stations...

I want to say it was one of Cycrows scripts, but I caint recall...

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 05:45

Yep, your right... dunno what I was thinkin... although for the life of me I dont know which mod/script is spawning/spamming me with repair docks... speaking of stations... my ocracokes storm, and whatever new sector to the south of it looks like a yaki ghetto... with all the yaki job stations littered in it... should take a screenie... I spose its to make sure yaki are being spawned from somewhere/object/thing for the yaki armada., but its kinda rediculous. :roll:

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 08:34

Kazuma wrote:my ocracokes storm, and whatever new sector to the south of it looks like a yaki ghetto... with all the yaki job stations littered in it... should take a screenie... I spose its to make sure yaki are being spawned from somewhere/object/thing for the yaki armada., but its kinda rediculous. :roll:
That tells me you have/or had scripts installed that is not in your list above. That was a bug in Yaki Stations... That script has been fixed now, but you may have uninstalled it...

Kortako
x4

Post by Kortako » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 08:43

Saint-Ashley wrote:
Kazuma wrote:my ocracokes storm, and whatever new sector to the south of it looks like a yaki ghetto... with all the yaki job stations littered in it... should take a screenie... I spose its to make sure yaki are being spawned from somewhere/object/thing for the yaki armada., but its kinda rediculous. :roll:
That tells me you have/or had scripts installed that is not in your list above. That was a bug in Yaki Stations... That script has been fixed now, but you may have uninstalled it...
Actually, Ashley, he said Job Stations. I'm almost certain those are Cycrow's Capital Ship Crews stations for hiring crew members for ships. I think it's because there's a certain number of Job Centers that's supposed to be in each of the race sectors (like 10 centers per race or something), but since the Yaki have like, 2 sectors, they all go into those 2.

Kazuma, it's that same script (Capital Ship Crews) that's creating the Repair Docks as well.

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 01:15

Kazuma, it's that same script (Capital Ship Crews) that's creating the Repair Docks as well.
Thanks Kortako, that makes sense now, and explains quite abit. :wink:
All in all though, I am very... under-whelmed with bally Gi... Really looking forward to some of these total conversions coming out.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 01:18

i beleive theres a problem with the yaki versions of the stations, creating too many, there should hopefully be a fix for this soon.

u can remove them by simly disabling the AL plugin for them, all the current ones will be removed

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 05:43

Thanks Cycrow. :wink:

gaiamark
x3

Post by gaiamark » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 17:03

Interestingly enough, I am having the same Bala Gi problem. Receive message, dock at Kingdom End shipyard, no second message. I have similar scripts installed, and I am going to try looking for guild and job stations. Hopefully docking at one with start the missions.

Perhaps this is a bug that should be addressed... i.e. Cycrow - perhaps no guild/job stations should spawn in Kingdom End (if that is truly causing the mission to fail to start)?

Enrico70
x3

Post by Enrico70 » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 09:14

I've had the same problem after towing the paranid ship. I've docked to the teladi shipyard but no message is aerrived.
I've post on ddrs topic but (still) I've not get answer.

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 13:29

My solution was to vigerously search both grand exchange and kindgdom end for ANY and I do mean ANY object using the shipyard model... one of them has picked up your quest tag.

The way the bala gi missions was/were written is that it assumes there will be only 1 of this type of station... so it picks the first one off the list; and if its destroyed recycles and picks another one. Your yard is there... its just not the "royal boron/teladi shipyard"; could be a repair dock/ merc guild/ military yard; you get my point.

With the towing, you need the Pontifex/yacht to be within 1.2-1.5 km of your m6/tl or it wont registered as "docked", not sure the exact number but closer is better then further away.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”